DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Alternative Imaging Methods (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/)
-   -   mini35 film online (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/18199-mini35-film-online.html)

Adrian Seah December 10th, 2003 06:27 PM

mini35 film online

Hi all,

I finally found the time to buy more webhosting space and to update my website, so the film Last Day of Work which I shot earlier this year on the mini35 in finally online at www.adrianseah.com. Just click thru to FILMS. Also, check out my two other films Bizarre Love Stories: Thursday and Talking with Fishes (not mini35).

Any comments welcome!

Cheers,

Adrian

Rob Lohman December 11th, 2003 04:49 AM

You've been busy, haven't you? It was quite a sad story. But I
liked it. Again as the previous one some moments felt a bit slow
to me (but that is probably just me again). Was this done to
test the mini35? Because I felt there were just a tad too much
DOF shots in there sometimes. Other then that another great
short, Adrian!

Adrian Seah December 11th, 2003 05:15 AM

I was the first time I was using the mini35 and it was a skeleton crew as well, just me, a sound person and a stills photog. Have to admit I was having great fun with the DoF, but forgot to turn on the spinning mirror on quite a number of takes!

Galen Summer December 26th, 2003 12:40 PM

cameea used

Just out of curiosity, what camera rig did you use? (XL1, DVX-100, etc)

Thanks.

Galen

Joe Ryan December 28th, 2003 05:30 PM

hey adrian, nice work, i thought "last day" looked and sounded really good. would you mind if i asked a few newbie questions?

1. camera, lenses, filters, lighting package used?
2. sound, how did you record and the mikes used?
3. also, when he's eating his sandwich, you can notice something
with the quality of the image ( pixels are noticable, is this "vignetting" that everyone's always talking about?) is this because i'm watching it on a computer (image has been compressed or something) or is that how the image was captured (so the limits of dv or the lighting or both are to blame?)
4. what sort of post effects were used? either video or sound

any help would be greatly appreciated as i'm hoping to use the mini35 to shoot my first feature in the near future. thanks in advance.

J.J.

Adrian Seah January 3rd, 2004 03:36 AM

Hiya all,

Happy New Year everyone!!! just came back from holiday... hence the late reply... anyway... to answer your questions...

Equipement:

Canon XL1S
mini35
Canon EF lenses, 50 f1.4, 17-35 f2.8, 70-200 f2.8
cheapo 300W halogen floods
homemade boompole with Audio Technica AT815b (straight to camera)

I think the pixels you see in the image are due to the compression, especially bits where there's quite a lot of movement. source image looks fine.

edited in FCP 3 and After Effects (magic bullet)

hope that helps and keep us updated with your feature!

Adrian

Joe Ryan January 3rd, 2004 03:28 PM

hey adrian, thank you so much for the information. just trying to get as much knowledge as possible about shooting with the mini35. good to hear the source looks good during the sandwich eating scene. anyways, good luck with your future projects, i'll be sure to let you know when i've got something to look at.

thanks again,
J.J.