DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Alternative Imaging Methods (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/)
-   -   photo cam camera adapted as a mini35 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/18639-photo-cam-camera-adapted-mini35.html)

Daniel Moloko December 21st, 2003 10:08 AM

photo cam camera adapted as a mini35

trying...
hello there!!!

i have a trv18, just like Agus.

ive made some footage with the agus35, i did one exactly like the pic he put on the web.

and yeah, everything went out okey, just like the first exemple (the video of his father) he upload to the forum.

except the my footage has more vignette (? the spolight of the image and the black around it ?)

maybe its the distance from the 35mm lens and the ground glass. i will check it out (i just did it yesterday my first try)

anyway. but i found something really nice.

when i was pulling the 35mm lens from the PHOTOGRAFIC CAM (nikon), i just looked inside the cam.

i think its possible to make a 35minidv adaptor with the same GLASSES and LENS that we have on those usual photo cams.

i will try to make a black rubber box, with the lens adaptors connectors (the camcorder and 35m),and inside this box well
have all the glasses and lens we have on the photo cams.

the question is, maybe i have to re-size the glasses, re-made based on the photocam model?

or maybe isnt necessery, i just have to go downtown, to a used photo cams store, vampirize some cameras, get the glasses
and the lens from it, adapt it to the box and have fun?

what do you people think about it?

would we get the same 35mm image project inside the black box? is it possible?

ciao

Agus Casse December 21st, 2003 03:14 PM

Ok, make a simple experimetn, put your TRV18 in the viewfinder of your SLR camera just like your eye.. .you will see that there is grain , little grain, but it is static, so when shooting real footage it wont be nice.

So...the problem with vigenting is because your are not using a macro adapter, or a magnifying lens, or a fresnel lens, or they are not powerful enough...

If you are using a TRV18 just like mine, i would recomend you to buy the following wide conversion lens : VCL-0630 S, if i found it in Guatemala, you can find it anywhere.., and it is cheap

So, then your just remove the cap, and take the first lens that is your magnifying lens, there are also another parts from this lens that will help you and you will find it out as soon as your open it.

hope that helps and seens that you pretty close...

Another issue is the aperture size of your lens, mine is 1:2 and i get no vigneting.

Daniel Moloko December 21st, 2003 10:05 PM

anyway...

agus,

we just did a NIGHT shoot right now, we put the lens a little closer to the CD, it went out perfect!...

but i did got some vigneting cause i was using a 1.8 nikonn lens!

and by the way, i didnt use the macro lens.

agus, the viewfinder from the photo camera may produce some noise, i think its diferent. i got a ground glass from a photo cam already, i just did a close up on this glass, i only got a white screen, NO GRAINS AT ALL. i think it will work, dont you?

anyway, how the PS TECNIK does his adaptor without a motor to spin a cd?

anyways, if the ground glasse from the photo doesnt work, i can get a ground glass from a real 35mm cam, i think i can find one on a junk cams store.

thankss

ciao

Aykut Ozen December 21st, 2003 10:34 PM

nice

hi daniel...can you post some examples of the footage...makes me feel good to see that stuff works...i'll make mine as soon as i get my pana dv852...Thanks