4:4:4 12-bit Uncompressed DVX100 - Page 81 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Closed Thread

Old November 7th, 2004, 12:10 PM   #1201
Major Player

The actual wait time for a camera installation will be in the order of 3-5 days. Even though we haven't finalized pricing yet, I can tell you now that everything will be included in the price, including shipping both ways, installation and the device itself. Our goal is to carry out installation the same day the camera is received and send it out the same day or the day after.

Hope this helps.
Juan
Old November 7th, 2004, 08:50 PM   #1202
Trustee

I need a ballpark price Juan..what is it!

This will help me decide if I want to get an XL2 or not ;)
Old November 8th, 2004, 04:12 AM   #1203
Tourist

Beta testing on DVX100A PAL

Hi Juan

Great News. I would very much like to be a beta tester for the pal version of the camera. Tell me what do I need to do?

Edon
Old November 8th, 2004, 08:20 AM   #1204
Obstreperous Rex

Juan -- just sent ya a fairly important email -- let me know what you think about it,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Old November 8th, 2004, 08:47 AM   #1205
Inner Circle

Consumer cameras with uncompressed frame download

Juan, congradulations.

I have an important question for everybody. I've heard of cameras that have the ability to output a uncomrpessed frame (via firewire or secret inernal header). I understand that the JVC GY-DV500 has an internal header for 4:2:2, but what cheap cameras can you download uncompressed frames?

Thanks

Wayne.
Old November 8th, 2004, 07:03 PM   #1206
Regular Crew

Great work reel stream on your system. Can you post full res video from you setup.

michael pappas
Old November 9th, 2004, 10:33 AM   #1207
Trustee

I for one would like to see this header! I own the GY500 JVC and it's a great camera...would love 4:2:2 outa it!
Old November 9th, 2004, 10:34 AM   #1208
Major Player

If anyone has the service manual for that camera, I can look at it and post here where it is if it exists.

Juan
Old November 9th, 2004, 12:03 PM   #1209
Inner Circle

<<<-- Originally posted by Obin Olson : I for one would like to see this header! I own the GY500 JVC and it's a great camera...would love 4:2:2 outa it! -->>>

Your going to find this amazing, I've used that camera and I allways use it (and the 5000) as the reference of the minium picture quality I want out of a camera. As it is 4:2:2 I assume it must be before the comrpession stage. I forget who told me about this origionally, but I have also discussed it with a camera technician (I think it is used for servicing), he quickly stopped talking about it when he realised what I was after. Maybe somebody over at abcdv.com might know (they do hidden feature thing on these cameras) I think the guy has a pro group on camcordinfo.

But what I am interested in is other smaller, cheaper cameras (PD150 and smaller). The quality may not be there compared to 12-bits and require extra work, but the RAW detail should be interesting. Even single chip, if we get past the loss of detail or mis-colouration, it would be a major improvement.
Old November 21st, 2004, 06:15 AM   #1210
Regular Crew

I would be very interested in having my Canon XM1 (the 25fps PAL GL1) converted to export uncompressed BMP-sequences to a computer for greenscreen work.

How long do you reckon before this is possible? Can I be a beta-tester?

The project it will be used on is a scifi movie (90 mins), shot completely on greenscreen in a single location. One of the people on my crew is a color correction expert who is developing new color software, so the final image would look great.

Old December 1st, 2004, 07:50 AM   #1211
Inner Circle

Is there any plans for a version based on the new Sony consumer HDV? With this virsatility it doesn't matter that it's not the pro version?

Is there any reveiws of the Sony's image performance now?

Thanks

Wayne.
Old December 1st, 2004, 07:56 AM   #1212
Major Player

Wayne:

You can find out more about this topic in the reel-stream forum->general:

http://forum.reel-stream.com

Several people have asked about the new Sony FX1/Z1.

Cheers,
Juan
Old December 1st, 2004, 09:39 AM   #1213
Inner Circle

Yes, things seem to have gone dead here, pity.

Wayne.
Old December 1st, 2004, 10:28 AM   #1214
Inner Circle

Hi Juan

I'm a bit tired so don't want to get into starting another forum up. But what ZI said about the Sony ZI camera goes down to 4.7:1 mpeg2 compression, is that true? That is quiet a remarkable feat, do they apply that during movement and extra details? Do you think that the quality of 4.7:1 Mpeg2 is too close to a 8 bit raw file. 4.7 would almost be visually lossless.

How exactly does the pixel shift HD feature work, what are the parameters now?

We all are worrying about tapping into the hardware directly, but most of this data is available by a reprogrammed rom and a compliant FIrewire400 port. The firmware in these cameras could be changed much cheaper to do this.

Thanks

Wayne.
Old December 1st, 2004, 10:59 AM   #1215
Major Player

Quote:
what ZI said about the Sony ZI camera goes down to 4.7:1 mpeg2 compression, is that true?
I'm not sure, but it doesn't make sense to me. The bandwidth of the tapes is the same as mini DV(25Mbps), and the sampling pattern has the same kernel size (4:2:0~4:1:1), but the frame size is over 4 times the size of miniDV. I fail to see how compressing the data at a smaller ratio than DV will yield bandwidth that can fit on the 25Mbps DV tape. It just doesn't add up.
Quote:
How exactly does the pixel shift HD feature work, what are the parameters now?
The CCD's in the DVX are not aligned. There is a half-pixel shift in both axes on the green CCD which carries about half of all the image information. This half-pixel shift captures details which lie in between sensor elements of the red and blue sensors. Utilizing this knowledge, a mosaic can be built which is similar to what is obtained from a single color HD CCD. The image can be demosaiced in a similar manner to obtain the HD image, which is 4 times the size of an individual sensor, 1546x990.
Quote:
The firmware in these cameras could be changed much cheaper to do this.
Nope.

Cheers,
Juan
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods