35mm Adapter Static Aldu35 - Page 60 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old June 4th, 2004, 05:18 AM   #886
Inner Circle

Brett.

I try to please. As to the tumbler idea, in another lifetime, I did once polish gemstones (lapidary). Using junked autoparts might be one of two things, intellectual laziness or inspired genius. The washing machine pump motor comes from a Hoover Premiere, the original fitted. The replacement is an altered design.

Once I get the polishing trick sorted, I want to use the tumbler with small loose bearing balls and dry 5 micron powder or 3 micron if I can find it, to attempt to create a finer frosted glass surface, ie., light contact pressure, hopefully a stamping action instead of a scratching action and hopefully a finer groundglass.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2004, 08:28 AM   #887
Trustee

FYI I just took a normal cd-r NOT the spacer type and sanded the top layer off...now it's a better then spacer-type GG because the cd-r is a higher quality then the cd-r spacer! I took my small orbit sander and did away with the top coating..works great
Obin Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2004, 03:10 PM   #888
Major Player

1500 grit ground glass

Hi everyone

I am posting a link to the finished agus 35 . I made it with 1500
grit ground glass, purchased from a optical company. www.dvinfo.net/media/mellor
Richard Mellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2004, 03:18 PM   #889
Major Player

1500 grit ground glass

this is a link to the ground glass
this may be good enough for high def
http://www.optosigma.com/miva/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=OS&Product_Code=pg211&Category_Code=Filters+%26+Apertures

the part number is 099-0160
Old June 4th, 2004, 04:45 PM   #890
New Boot

glidecam

just took a quick look couldnt find any previous answer to my question so here it goes...

Im shooting a movie this summer with the static lens attached to my camera, i would like to use it in conjuction with a glidceam, has anyone done this? I do not have the glidecam to test right now, but i was wondering if the added weight to the front of the camera made it impossible to do. (obviously i would need to counterweight it in some fashion, but with all this additional weight it makes me think it may make it extremely difficult to operate) Any thoughts much appreciated.

Thanks

Pat
Pat Worrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2004, 04:56 PM   #891
Regular Crew

If you are using the hand held version I would start working out. It is not for the out of shape.
Old June 4th, 2004, 07:30 PM   #892
Major Player

1500 grit actually isn't as fine as it sounds. This webpage provides a grit-mesh-micron conversion chart that shows how 1500 grit is only about 10 micron. Many users have ground their glass with 5 and even 3 micron (equivalent of 4500 and 8000 grit) and can still see grain using a static adapter and standard definition camcorder.
Old June 4th, 2004, 08:39 PM   #893
Inner Circle

Obin

Sanding off the top layer. That option works fine except for the disk having a green tint which has to be manually white-balanced out. Not a big deal but it is there.

Pat.

You might examine finding the new centre of balance point with the Camcorder/Aldu assembly, then getting a piece of 3/16" aluminium flat bar, for fastening to your camcorder's tripod bolt-hole, then drilling and tapping a new threaded tripod mount hole and keyhole in the flatbar at the new point of balance. This also may enable you to also get a better lateral balance point. Some cams have tripod mount holes offset to one side.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2004, 07:00 AM   #894
Major Player

1500 grit ground glass

I made three pieces of ground glass all handmade , and one acid etched, this is the best one so far. It cost 23 dollars
Old June 5th, 2004, 08:48 AM   #895
Major Player

Re: 1500 grit ground glass

<<<-- Originally posted by Richard Mellor : I made three pieces of ground glass all handmade , and one acid etched, this is the best one so far. It cost 23 dollars -->>>

maybe i'm confused - but WHICH ONE is the best so far? 1500 or acid etched?

filip
Filip Kovcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2004, 12:57 PM   #896
Major Player

1500 grit ground glass

Hi everyone
this is the link to the ground glass. the part number is 099-0160

http://www.optosigma.com/miva/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=OS&Product_Code=pg211&Category_Code=Filters+%26+Apertures

this is link to the agus35 with the optosigma ground glass
www.dvinfo.net/media/mellor
Old June 5th, 2004, 01:49 PM   #897
Trustee

Pat I have shot with our steadycam and the mini35 on the front that I made with the spinning cd works great BUT you need a focus puller to get any good shots at all unless you dont move aobut much and shoot the subject the same distance from the camera the whole shot
Obin Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2004, 05:30 AM   #898
Regular Crew

have a look at: http://arco.acromedia.de/ than go to projekte and select mini60 - filmlookadapter

tell me what is your opinion about the system - except of that the last shot was much too dark.

dietmar
Dietmar Zonewicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2004, 10:07 AM   #899
Major Player

thank you dietmar for the clips. does the boscreen reduce
the light or was it shot that way? as we always want to know.
what was used for the ground glass
Old June 6th, 2004, 11:48 AM   #900
Regular Crew

WOW this is one of the longest threads I have ever seen. I was trying to search through the post but there are just too many. What I am looking for is instructions. If any one has a step by step how I would love to see it.

Thanks in advance
Michael Moore
Michael Moore is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods