35mm Adapter Static Aldu35 - Page 75 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old November 12th, 2004, 05:26 AM   #1111
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Obin Olson : Does anyone on this board have a Kit I can buy? I LOVE my 35 adaptor but the build quality is low..I would like to buy a high-quality kit...anyone? -->>>

i have a design i am about to finish..i have the thought of making it a kit...

take a look

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27290&perpage=15&pagenumber=19
Dogus Aslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2004, 10:35 AM   #1112
Major Player

If you do, what sort of prices would we be talking about?
Aaron Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2004, 11:29 AM   #1113
Regular Crew

i think its best to talk about prices when the results come out...i still have to put the motor on ..but im coming to the end...i think ill finish it completly in one month the most...
Dogus Aslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2004, 11:32 AM   #1114
Major Player

Fair enough :)

Sounds great. Let us know when you finish. I'd love to see the results.
Old November 12th, 2004, 01:06 PM   #1115
Tourist

Hey all,

I want to get 35mm Depth of Field on my XL2. The EF adapter canon makes maginfies the focal lenth of the lenses by 7.8x (in 16:9 mode on the XL2) Which is not what I want.

Some of you are the experts on this stuff. Maybe you can answer my question: Why cant an adapter be made that can shrink the image created by the 35mm lens down to the size of the XL2's CCD's? I can understand the problems with fixed lens cameras and why you need to shoot the image off of a ground glass. But I dont understand why the image can't be optically shrunk and focused on the CCD's.

Thanks for your help!
Andre
Amon Tobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2004, 01:54 PM   #1116
Major Player

I was recently interested in this very idea Amon. It won't work though. You can retain the FOV but not the DOF.
Old November 12th, 2004, 02:44 PM   #1117
Major Player

Just wanted to chime in and say Amon Tobin has some amazing tracks :)
Jim Lafferty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2004, 04:36 PM   #1118
Tourist

Hmmm I definately want the Depth of Field. Check out this link:

http://www.enormousapparatus.com/35adapter.htm

Looks pretty awesome actually. I put the stills on my tv monitor to check for sharpness. Looks great! You get some blurring and darkness around the edges. And you can make out the ground glass too. Has anyone developed a better method then this?

That P+S teknic adapter is way overpriced. Im suprised no other company has created their own to undercut them.

amon.
Old November 12th, 2004, 04:41 PM   #1119
Major Player

yep. That would be a static adapter. The only problem with that form is that you will have grain from the ground glass.

The Agus (I believe?) uses a ground disk which is spun which keeps the grain from being visible.

Several people are working on oscillating gg version.
Old November 12th, 2004, 06:04 PM   #1120
Tourist

Ive been reading up on how to create my own.. But I guess im just amazed that no large company has attempted to mass produce a professional one like the P+S Teknik mini35 but far more affordable. Id be happy to spend a grand and have something that is solid and sharp. The mini35 is 7 grand or something? ridiculous!

amon
Old November 12th, 2004, 07:07 PM   #1121
Major Player

indeed. Part of the problem may be copyright infringement though. I'm not sure how similar you could emulate their ideas for a sold product.
Old November 12th, 2004, 08:32 PM   #1122
Tourist

ok im probably just putting up links to things that have been posted before... www.movietube.com

looks AWESEOME.
im assuming its going to be way overpriced...again. I mean.. it has no moving parts or motors or anything. its some molded alloy with a special ground glass.. i hope its no more then a few grand.

i had a question to anyone who knows.....i wonder... if i have canon EF lenses... you cant manually adjust the iris.. so id be locked on the most open setting... does anyone know if then i could adjust the iris in the camera to effectivly control exposure? or do you NEED to have full manual lenses to work with these 35mm adapters?

Cheers,
amon
Old November 13th, 2004, 12:36 PM   #1123
Major Player

It's more expensive in most cases than a P+S device!
Jim Lafferty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2004, 08:54 PM   #1124
Major Player

ens Adapter for M42 to 55mm or other?

I've been reading these threads for the last month and a half, and now attempting to construct a static adapter based on James Webb's.

www.enormousapparatus.com/static03.htm

I have seen first hand, the ground glass projection concept using a Hasselblad Screen, and I'm very impressed. Here are some video clips of the test. Shot with a GL1, not my XL2 yet.

www.holyzoo.com/111/video/XL2/35mm/

So here's my problem. I am trying to use an M42 lens and adapt it to 55mm threads or any other standard filter, but hitting a brick wall. It's not a standard thing to afix an M42 lens to anything other than a camera body.

Does anybody have any suggestions on how to achieve this. Alternatively, what would be the easiest way of mounting a 35mm lens to this 55mm (or other) element chain? I haven't found any Bayonet to thread adapters either. BHphoto, Adorama, and various other places have basically told me that it doesn't exist.

Am I to go consult with a machinist at this point?

steev
Steev Dinkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2004, 03:45 AM   #1125
Major Player

I do guess you have to go to a machine shop
maybe a very small one and take me not wrong
talk to somebody near retirement as he will
understand what you want and why.
Régine Weinberg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods