DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Alternative Imaging Methods (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/)
-   -   I received the equipment - some problems (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/21284-i-received-equipment-some-problems.html)

Daniel Limoges February 12th, 2004 06:58 PM

..I received the mini35!

.I received the mini35!
Some dust appear on the video ! what it is ?

Carl Johnson February 12th, 2004 07:54 PM

Sounds like you need to turn on the motor of the spinning miror!

Rob Lohman February 13th, 2004 05:33 AM

A picture would help Daniel.

Dennis Hingsberg February 13th, 2004 07:44 AM

Daniel, I don't think the pressurization of the mini35 being on an airplane would cause any problems for you. These are always shipped around the world.

Questions: What are you viewing the image on - TV or the Viewfinder on Canon? Do you have 2 Canon batteries - one for the Camera and one for the mini35 that goes on the shoulder plate? Are the black spots moving or still?

Suggestions:
1) First make sure the f stop on your Nikkor lens is at 2.8
2) Set the relay lens iris (between mini35 and XL1) to 1
3) Get an image to focus properly - this does not just mean focus with the lens. You might have to adjust the relay back focus, see page 6 of the manual available on the P+S Technik website
4) Turn the motor for the mini35 on, there should be a curly cable that goes from the shoulder rest where the 2nd Canon battery goes to the mini 35 itself near the toggle switch.

Lastly, post a picture.

Daniel Limoges February 13th, 2004 07:36 PM

I did all that you say, but in the center there is a dust which does not want to leave and I see it turning, it's as if the engine did not turn rather quickly !

my battery is full charged !
I will send a photograph to you !

Rob Lohman February 15th, 2004 04:08 PM

I've put Daniel's two pictures up for all to see:

www.visuar.com/DVi/limoges1.jpg
www.visuar.com/DVi/limoges2.jpg

Dennis Hingsberg February 15th, 2004 06:53 PM

What lens are you using Daniel? Nikkor 28mm? Do you have other lenses you can try?

I'm certainly not a mini35 technician but judging from the bright white spot you see off center I would have to assume that the prism inside the mini35 has moved or broke from its mounts.

This might sound really crazy, but while recording some video with the mini35 rig turn your whole rig upside down gently and see if the white center spot light moves anywhere. This might help see if in fact the prism or other parts inside the mini35 are in fact moving around.

I don't know what else to suggeset at this point.. . .

Daniel Limoges February 15th, 2004 07:37 PM

this is the hot pixell on my Xl1s :

http://www.visuar.com/DVi/daniellimoges.gif

& this is the black dot with the mini35 :

www.visuar.com/DVi/limoges1.jpg
www.visuar.com/DVi/limoges2.jpg

to compare the images by the other can we think that is the hot pixell still ?

I will do what you say Dennis ,maybe tomorrow!

Dennis Hingsberg February 16th, 2004 08:32 AM

Disregard my post about the prism inside the mini35 being broken, up until your last post I was not aware that you had actually resolved a proper image with the mini35.

Looking at the picture www.visuar.com/DVi/daniellimoges.gif the black spot appears at the exact pixel coordinates of X:354 Y:182.

On the image named limages1.jpg it appears at X:347 Y:271 and on image limages2.jpg it is at X:368 Y:263.

In each picture the pixel is in a different location, and also a different distance from the center point (360,240) which suggests it is not a spot on the spinning glass of the mini35 but also suggests that it is not a burnt out pixel on your XL1.

It is quite odd....

Guy Genin February 18th, 2004 12:19 PM

Hello all,

This is the technical support from ZGC and as Mizell is no longer working with us, I will try to keep an eye on this topic as often as possible. However if I miss something critical, do not hesitate to contact me at guygenin@hotmail.com.

Now for the subject at hand, I am not familiar with the model of Mini 35 Digital you bought Daniel, so I will need some info about the serial number. The movement in the Mini 35 Digital has changed and not knowing which model you have makes it difficult to interpret the pictures.
By the way do I assume that for illustration purpose the unit was not running when the sample photo were taken?

Dennis, I am glad that you ask us to disregard your suggestion about a broken prism. With all the units that have passed through my hands not one has been reported to have had such a problem. If you are aware of one, please let me know.