4:4:4 10bit single CMOS HD project - Page 122 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Closed Thread

Old October 15th, 2004, 12:06 PM   #1816
Regular Crew

to rai orz

Sounds great.
What chip was used?
How long did the whole setup take?
What was the cost of the project?
What is you're NLE editing path?
What lens mount?
Any chance of frame grabs, footage?
Would you be interested in building two more units for private sale in the uk?

I work for a production company in the uk looking to invest in its own equipment, having just secured financing from a company in Dubai. Please get in contact asap. either email me or reply on the forum.

adrianwhite@hotmail.com
Old October 15th, 2004, 12:44 PM   #1817
New Boot

To Steve Nordhauser :

Hello Steve, Do u have a release date for the 1920HD.
I didn't find it on your web site.

I think, I will order you this one and the dev kit.

Regards,
Old October 15th, 2004, 12:49 PM   #1818
Silicon Imaging, Inc.

Flax,
The reason we are not putting much on the web site is that although the camera is real, the big box of sensors we have ordered is not real yet. I will let everyone know when it shows up.
Old October 15th, 2004, 12:50 PM   #1819
New Boot

Thank you Steve for your answer
Old October 15th, 2004, 01:30 PM   #1820
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Rai Orz : we have completed our movie camera. -->>>

The 23. this mounth, is THE day. On this day the shoots start for a big cinema fantasy movie.

Till them, we have a web side with all infos.
Old October 16th, 2004, 10:34 AM   #1821
Trustee

What is the website's address?
Old October 17th, 2004, 06:58 AM   #1822
Inner Circle

<<<-- Originally posted by Rai Orz : we have completed our movie camera.

It shoot 720p / 24fps (global shutter) uncompressed to HDD and the CMOS pictures are amazingly. It looks like film, not like video. -->>>

Well Rai, congradulations on finally finishing that camera, I'd like to see the website myself, and see what brand camera components you used. I have seen your 35mm site, is it the same? This new firewire defintion, is that 800Mb/s version B or 1.6Gb/s version?

Thanks

Wayne.
Old October 17th, 2004, 07:05 AM   #1823
Inner Circle

<<<-- Originally posted by Steve Nordhauser : The gospel that I was told by frame grabber companies (may be outdated) was that you can always put a 32 bit card in a 64 bit slot (providing the voltages are correct (3.3 vs 5) but it will slow the whole PCI bus down to 32 bit. The same is true for clock frequency. -->>>

Thanks, I'll remember that, a 64bit slot is not one less 32bit slot. Would you know the cross compatability betyween the two versions (at least) of 64-bit PCI. I understand there was an older one before PCI-X in competition, or is there only one now? There is a bit of confusion as to what version the mainboard above has.

I know your piont about keeping device traffic off the PCI bus, very usefull for transactions and bandwidth.

Thanks

Wayne.
Old October 17th, 2004, 10:32 AM   #1824
Regular Crew

Wayne,
...no its will be a different web site, please wait a few days.

The new firewire. The only think i know from our electronic engeneers is: It will work with a 1080p /24fps camera.
Old October 18th, 2004, 04:35 AM   #1825
Tourist

Hardware Realtime Lossless Motion Jpeg2000

I have found a chip made by Analog Devices, ADV202 that can encode realtime Motion Jpeg2000:

Complete single-chip JPEG2000 compression and decompression solution for video and still images
Programmable tile/image size with widths up to 2048 pixels in 3-component 4:2:2 interleaved mode, and up to 4096 pixels in single-component mode
Maximum tile/image height: 4096 pixels
Video interface directly supporting ITU.R-BT656, SMPTE125M PAL/ NTSC, SMPTE274M, SMPTE293M (525p), ITU.R-BT1358 (625p) or any video format with a maximum input rate of 65 MSPS for irreversible mode or 40 MSPS for reversible mode
Two or more ADV202s can be combined to support full-frame SMPTE274M HDTV (1080i) or SMPTE296M (720p)

the link is:
http://www.analog.com/en/prod/0,,765...V202%2C00.html

If this chip would be on the camera or the frame grabber, then all of the storage problems would be gone....

Regards,
Alex
Old October 18th, 2004, 12:48 PM   #1826
Major Player

new camera

looking forward to the new website.
Old October 18th, 2004, 03:19 PM   #1827
Major Player

Me too.

Rai, is this a camera design you plan on manufacturing and selling yourself?
Old October 19th, 2004, 01:35 AM   #1828
Tourist

Realtime Lossless Motion Jpeg2000 encoder

And it costs 39$ per chip
Old October 19th, 2004, 11:42 AM   #1829
Inner Circle

People have been discussing these chips some time ago. Some people want to do FPGA instead. Without getting into the details of these chips the issues are. Where ever it has the power to compress it and can compress the right format in the right way. The format we are using for the moment is bayer single chip (different from normal single chip) 4:4:4, lossless compression (and whatever else we can add on latter). I this chip can do that then your in business. The other thing is price, putting this on a board could double the cost and finale price might be five times that. So if somebody does this it is fine.

Sumix is developing a compressed camera (and I'm sure there are others) for us, and Silicon Imaging intends to when a suitable FPGA becomes available. I am actually researching a cheap sensor (nice performance) that includes a lossless compression engine. The price maybe less than $100 all up per complete camera head with lossless compression (say $200 more realistically). But at the moment I think there maybe some artifical restriction. I am doing this quietly to see if I can get around the problems without certain parties blocking the initiative. But I have to get time in to do it properly.
Old October 19th, 2004, 01:02 PM   #1830
Trustee

Hey guys,

Talked to a sales rep at Epix today, and he said that the 64-bit framegrabber probably won't be shipping till sometime in January or February.

BTW, is Epix really the best board for us to be using? I've been looking at EDT's offerings and those look pretty good too. Right now their cameralink cards run at 32-bit/66Mhz for a total of 240MB/s, twice as much as the 32-bit/33Mhz cards.

I guess the only thing is if I use their cards I'm going to have to find a programmer for a custom capture app. Oh well . . .
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods