4:4:4 10bit single CMOS HD project - Page 192 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Closed Thread

Old May 22nd, 2005, 04:07 PM   #2866
Trustee

Jason, have you ever seen footage from the Kinetta camera? I don't know of anyone who has ever seen working images from it..
Old May 22nd, 2005, 04:14 PM   #2867
Major Player

Kinetta

nothing at all, the kinetta page has never ever changed,
and footage ?? Maybee I'm to stupid to find one
maybe I'm not reading my SMPTE Mag
but nothing found sorry...
Maybe someone know's if there is a worling
prototype out.....
Old May 22nd, 2005, 04:47 PM   #2868
Major Player

About the board: it is just a development board ($2500).
I think it would be better for you to just make your own.You can find any info you could need about the ADV202 and development boards at Analog Devices home page.
They have good info about the chip.If you need more just ask them and they will gladly help you ;).
They also manufacture a lot of usefull stuff too.Also don't forget to look into Cypress home page.They have lots of stuff included SATA and GigE PHY's...
Old May 23rd, 2005, 02:54 AM   #2869
Regular Crew

check out opencores.org, there is a lot of IP for fpga ... like DCT, huffman coding etc ... almost everything to do a JPEG/MPEG encoder.

http://www.opencores.org/projects.cg...stems/overview

btw, there is somethings about the Dirac codec on the frontpage, looks like the BBC is really pushing it (already some vhdl code O_O)

http://www.opencores.org/projects.cg...dirac/overview

[edit]
i found some raw HD sample.
if anybody want it, they are there : ftp://ftp.ldv.e-technik.tu-muenchen....est_sequences/
[/edit]
Old May 23rd, 2005, 08:11 AM   #2870
New Boot

Hello,
This is my first post, but i read this thread over one year.
It is great to see that Obin will have a own camera. Will this be a one ore 3 x 2/3" Altasens ?
And i asked my self, whats about prices?
My next question is why does his mini itx board not work, even though he said more than on times that it is ready in a few days.
Old May 23rd, 2005, 08:36 AM   #2871
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obin Olson
Jason, have you ever seen footage from the Kinetta camera? I don't know of anyone who has ever seen working images from it..
Yep :)

It will be shipping end-of-year since they're actually waiting for the 3570.

Also for those wondering if there's a "working" prototype, the answer to that is "yes" too. It's very functional and looks/functions great.
Old May 23rd, 2005, 08:57 AM   #2872
Major Player

Steven,
I have tried to watch the HD footage (without success) The extension is .yuv
What program will play those files? Thanks.
Old May 23rd, 2005, 04:25 PM   #2873
Major Player

Dan,
Try GraphicsConverter if you can find it or XnView. Do a search at versiontracker.com for any other image conversion and viewer tools.
Old May 23rd, 2005, 04:26 PM   #2874
Major Player

Their are convertors listed under the software directory and use commandline to convert thee files i would assume. I'm downloading a file now to try and see if i can watch or convert it
Old May 24th, 2005, 01:24 AM   #2875
Regular Crew

yep, try to use those "yuv2avi" utils listed under "software", but they looks very fishy to me, as i tried them, and got some artefact on the video (or it's wmp9 the culprit and is too lame to resize a 1080p to a 1024x768 display).
If those utilities don't work for you, you can also try to use the ffmpeg project (there is some win32 build) to convert it to anything you want, but if you're not familiar with command line, it will really be a pain in the a** to figure the options out.

You'll need an YV12 decoder too, i use FFdshow for that as it's the best video decoding directshow filter around. With a Xvid/Divx install you should be fine too.

[edit]
wait, it's the ffdshow resize which gave me artifacts, nothing else.
Those tools work just fine
[/edit]
Old May 25th, 2005, 05:06 AM   #2876
Trustee

what is wrong with the 3562 Jason that makes them wait for the new chip to come out? I am looking to buy the 3562 but now you have me wondering...

thanks for info
Old May 25th, 2005, 05:08 AM   #2877
Trustee

mini itx boards don't have enough datarate to deal with the images we want to see and save in realtime..ou must have a special pci-x card with a built in hard disk scsi, if not you will never display and save in realtime on a computer
Old May 25th, 2005, 06:17 AM   #2878
Trustee

The 3562 is fine, it's just that the 3570 has some more features and some "bug" fixes like any new version of anything. If you're wondering whether there are any show-stoppers, the answer to that is a definite "no". It's a great chip. But Jeff and company have been adding a lot more features, etc. in the meantime to the camera itself, and now I guess they're thinking that they might as well wait for the new imagers to make their package complete.

Dont' expect to get any till sometime next year though-if you want to wait till this time next year for the 3570 then I guess you can wait.

But it would sort of be like waiting for a new Pentium V or something like that, and when that comes around, there'll be something else new.

The 3562 works, and if you want to use it, use it.
Old May 25th, 2005, 11:46 AM   #2879
Trustee

Jason IYHO is the 3562 worth a camera being built around it?. From what you have seen would you shoot with it on any project? or just lowbudget stuff?

I need to get some feedback as I can't seem to get any images from Altasens taken with the 3562...

Jason, again thank you so much for your help as you are the only person I know that has seen 3562 images...
Old May 25th, 2005, 12:03 PM   #2880
Trustee

BTW we are still working with the ATA spec and getting hard disks to write/read data for the system..no real updates at this time ;)...
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods