PowerShot S1 IS video clips VGA 30fps - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old August 2nd, 2004, 10:29 AM   #16
Regular Crew

Yes, you'll still capture at the normal DV resolution, but the image is not interlaced anymore. Depending on your camcorder, most of them has a higher contrast ratio and a wider field of view when in camera mode. You'll also get that advantage if you capture from that mode, I can post some tests if ya'll want.
Old August 2nd, 2004, 10:59 AM   #17
Regular Crew

I have been sick since the day that I got my optura 300. I can't wait to experiment with it. I would love to post some clips online. Any advice on where and how to post clips? I am new at the web hosting thing.
Michael Sinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2004, 11:23 AM   #18
Obstreperous Rex

I can host 'em for ya. Just send me an email.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2004, 12:43 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Thanks Chris. Looking foward to learning as much as possible. I will be experimenting with the Optura 300 over the next few days. I have a 1.6 Dell with only 512 MB of ram. It has the Radeon All in Wonder 8500 DV. I will be building a nice Athlon 64 3600 when that chip comes out soon. 2 GB of ram. Radeon 9800XT video card. I know that video editing is best on a Mac, but I have to let the kids play games on Dad's new toy ;) BTW, what is the video card of choice for people who edit on a PC? I know that Matrox has good dual monitor cards. My buddy actually has three monitors that he is able to drag one application across from one monitor to any of the other two. That card is a Matrox.
Michael Sinclair is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods