Sgpro & Canon XH-A1 on a musicvideo at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old August 18th, 2009, 02:54 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Sgpro & Canon XH-A1 on a musicvideo

Hi there everybody.
I filmed my first musicvideo using the SGpro r3 dof adapter and a Canon XH-A1 in the hdv format. I used Adobe premiere and After effects (keylight v.1.2) for the greenscreen scenes.

Besides this we used some additional lightning. 3 arrilite 800w and 2 500w and a 300w lamp.
The total budget on the video was 350 euro.

The result can be seen here.

YouTube - Van Dresen - Back To Start (music video - HD)
Vegard Paulsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2009, 02:51 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Hey, well done. The production quality was great and the lighting was simple and elegant. Towards the beginning I was a little bored with the camera work, but this could be a result of my bias towards camera movement as a cinematographer - it seemed like too many of the shots were static, and I guess I'm used to seeing more movement from the camera in music videos. The jump cuts definitely helped combat that though, and it was overall very interesting to watch. There were a couple shots where the focus was soft, particularly with the girls on the boat, is that because of the greenscreen? I feel like some of the boat shots were greenscreened and others were real. Am I right?
Old January 15th, 2010, 08:41 PM   #3
New Boot

Hey Vegard,

Excellent job, it is good to see the sgpro performs so well.

I thought story-wise the music video was great, and I really liked the way the Porsche scenes looked.

Overall the lighting was good, but I did think that during the green-screen portions, of the girls in bikinis, in front of the abstract moving shapes, the lighting on their skin looked really "video," I am not sure if you shot that without the adapter or it was just the lighting of green screen was not quite "spot on." Either way you can keep it mind for next time.

I enjoyed it, and I thought it turned out really well.
Erin Wiedner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2010, 04:36 AM   #4
Tourist

Total budget 350 Euros?? is there a 0 missing somewhere?
I have a hard time imaging how you could shoot this entire video with only 350 Euros.
Did everybody work for free, including you? What about the girls? the car? the boat? food... etc...
Raph Halloran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2010, 04:29 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Chromatic aberration!!

Vegard,

I own an xh-a1 and currently searching for a dof adapter.

Your videoclip looks great but I noticed at 1.07 on the bathroom's lights the phenomenon of chromatic aberration which totally gives away that it was shot with the Xh-A1.

I saw a video at cinevate's web site that said that the flip module reduces the chromatic aberration effect.

Have you tried to resolve this problem with sgpro?
I'm asking because I was ready to order an sgpro.

Thanx

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods