DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Alternative Imaging Methods (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/)
-   -   Anyone used the Letus relay for EX3? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/310713-anyone-used-letus-relay-ex3.html)

Peter Corbett August 22nd, 2009 10:21 PM

Anyone used the Letus relay for EX3?

Has anyone had a go at the new Letus relay for the EX3 yet? I know there's Phil Bloom's review but it hasn't got a lot of info in it. I'm curious as the improvements over the stock lens besides sensitivity.

Cheers,
Peter

Mitchell Lewis August 29th, 2009 10:24 AM

We've been waiting for Letus to come out with a full-frame version so our wide angle lenses will still be wide. Supposedly they are planning to come out with one (I've got my doubts).

But I agree, it would be good to get some additional info from people who have experience with the currently EX3 relay.

The main reason we want one is for the increased light sensitivity. I'm assuming the optics are top notch, but maybe that's not necessarily true.

Bob Hart August 30th, 2009 12:28 PM

Lens R&D takes time to do right and you want Quyen and Hien to do it right.

In this instance do not doubt, except that the brothers will not want to turn a wide-view relay loose until it is right. Buyers understandably become a vituperative lot when things go wrong and sensible people do not seek that grief.

Mitchell Lewis September 1st, 2009 11:37 AM

I hope you're right Bob. We're still patiently waiting for a "wide view" relay for the EX3. (crossing my fingers)

Hien Le September 2nd, 2009 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitchell Lewis (Post 1298414)
I hope you're right Bob. We're still patiently waiting for a "wide view" relay for the EX3. (crossing my fingers)

Yes, we have it all down technically and will release it in a few weeks. We will have about few samples which I expect to be gone in the first hour, so first come first served.

Thanks,
Hien

James Dierx September 3rd, 2009 08:39 PM

Price tag? How about 3K USD? ;)

Mitchell Lewis September 12th, 2009 12:33 PM

I'm guessing it will be between $4000-$4500. I'm going to "try" and talk my partners into buying one. I'm very happy with our Ultimate (been using it almost daily these last couple of weeks). But I don't like how much light I have to use indoors, so a relay should be the missing link.

Mitchell Lewis September 26th, 2009 09:46 AM

Rumor has it that Letus will be releasing the full-frame version of their 1/2" relay lens very soon (next week or so). I'm saving my pennies!! :)

Russell Ball, MD October 4th, 2009 07:11 AM

Very Interested in Purchasing the new wide relay

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hien Le (Post 1303026)
Yes, we have it all down technically and will release it in a few weeks. We will have about few samples which I expect to be gone in the first hour, so first come first served.

Thanks,
Hien

Hien,
How can I get in line for the new relay? I would purchase the minute it is available. Will it be on the website?
Thanks.