4:4:4 Uncompressed 1080i HDR-FX1? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old September 15th, 2004, 12:10 AM   #31
Inner Circle

As all these sensors are attached to a prism. Moving them would be difficult. I imagine that there might be some servicing screws, or something, to re-align them, but more likely they are just straight fix them at manufacture.

But then working out allignment is another big problem,an home made allignment chart could be made to use to allign it.

But if you have to break a seal on a fixed unit then you would open up a whole new set of problems, with dust/fibre/air (will corrode chips, CCD's I don't know though). Then you would need a totally clean workshop type environment (vacume sealing would be even better but I would say only a handfull of places in the world have that).

Juan, I noticed that your DVX100 pictures are sized closer to HD picture frame, is that upscaling, or are you taking advantage of the pixel shift? Can you explain how good it is?
Wayne Morellini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2004, 02:43 AM   #32
Major Player

Forget about it Wayne, really.
Usually the CCDs are glued to the prism.At least on cheap models.
Tube cameras used to have positioning screws....
And yes you need a sealed environment (they look like those transparent places where babies are put they they are born before 9 months of pregnancy, if only I could explain myself a little bit clearer..)
I suggest everybody to continue this kind of conversations on the uncompressed DVX100 thread, cause this is not the right place.
Juan M. M. Fiebelkorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2004, 05:43 AM   #33
Inner Circle

Yes, I was just trying to warn people that it was likely to be too difficult for them to do.

I know the ones your talking about, the ones I meant were even more advanced they use for Hard Disk data recovery.

Thanks

Actually I do have a way to shift the image instead of the CCD's, and I can guarantee nobody will like it unless they have a detachable lens camera, but I'll throw it into the melting pot anyway.

It requires an adaptor like the 35mm adaptor, a mechanism/prism to seperately dis-align the primaries projected onto the screen that is then filmed. Too big, too fiddly, too easy to knock out of allignment.
Wayne Morellini is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods