DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Alternative Imaging Methods (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/)
-   -   DVX short film made using a home-made 35mm adapter (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/32264-dvx-short-film-made-using-home-made-35mm-adapter.html)

James Webb September 21st, 2004 01:12 AM

DVX short film made using a home-made 35mm adapter

I recently uploaded a 4min short on www.triggerstreet.com. It was shot using an original DVX and a home-made 35mm adapter.
The film is entitled, Life Against Memory. Check it out. Thanks!

Rabi Syid September 21st, 2004 05:27 AM

change the hoster. it tookme 10 mintues to sign up and NOT to my surprise it dosnt work!

Rabi Syid September 21st, 2004 10:40 AM

hey it works now

Rabi Syid September 21st, 2004 10:53 AM

out of the many short movies i have view thats by far the best! i didnt get it but i loved every second of it. the colours were great and them people at the end were real scary. care to shar your setup details.

Filip Kovcin September 21st, 2004 11:50 AM

to james webb

exellent job! fantastic. pleasure to watch.

filip

Juan M. M. Fiebelkorn September 21st, 2004 07:07 PM

James, First your work is excellent.I would like having the possibility of seeing a higher resolution version.
Just a comment.
Your character starts with a red tie and suddenly he has a black and white one.
Try to correct that in AE or Combustion and re-upload it.It is easy and will correct that silly discontinuity....
Hope this helps...

Dmitry Yun September 21st, 2004 08:43 PM

Dude that was nice that short made me jump :)
CHeck out a little teaser type for my movie

users.starpower.net/kikosneako

I used a gl2 and a homemade adapter as well.

Cieonatechori Michelieve September 21st, 2004 09:22 PM

Excellent work. Liked it very much.

Obin Olson September 23rd, 2004 09:31 AM

someone PLEASE post a direct link..I could nto find the short

Cieonatechori Michelieve September 23rd, 2004 10:10 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Dmitry Yun : Dude that was nice that shot made me jump :)
CHeck out a little teaser type for my movie

users.starpower.net/kikosneako

I used a gl2 and a homemade adapter as well. -->>>

Checked it out - very short, but it gives the idea that you have a vision.

Bring the whole thing out.

Bye.

Joel Aaron September 24th, 2004 11:36 AM

Re: DVX short film made using a home-made 35mm adapter

Can you post some technical details about how you made your adapter and maybe a couple snapshots of it? Thanks :-)

<<<--
Originally posted by James Webb : I recently uploaded a 4min short on www.triggerstreet.com. It was shot using an original DVX and a home-made 35mm adapter.
The film is entitled, Life Against Memory. Check it out. Thanks!
-->>>

Rob Lohman September 26th, 2004 03:36 AM

Here is the direct link to the movie: click here

Nick Hiltgen September 26th, 2004 09:57 AM

I was kind of late in the game geting feed back, I agree that the movie looks awesome, I think that the beginning is a little tedious and that it might go over better if it was either shortened, or some foley was added to the VO. (personally I would add the foley and keep everything teh same length. The last shot appeared to haeva little vinetting on it but that\'s being nit picky. Other wise really good, just add some wind blowing or footsteps, or cecada\'s or whatever they have that makes noise out in cornfields these days.

Daniel Moloko September 27th, 2004 01:07 AM

james,

there is something that really make me think about your short.

and i would like to ask you a good question. How do you made the shotgun looks so real blowing from the old`s man face?

please tell me how it was made, the make up effects i mean

thanks

ciao

Jarra McGrath September 28th, 2004 01:42 AM

James and Team congratulations on a remarkable DV effort and a really great short film! I very much enjoyed this and have been further inspired to raise funds for my own DVcam and begin making a 35mm adapter!

So GREAT!

Thankyou.