DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Alternative Imaging Methods (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/)
-   -   A new crazy idea... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/34934-new-crazy-idea.html)

Agus Casse November 14th, 2004 12:31 AM

A new crazy idea...

Hello there, i am back and i am working in a new proyect.

After dealing with so many technical difficulties in the last proyect of the Agus 35, and having work up to my neck (producing a weekly motorsport tv show ) i dont have any more time to make research and improvements to the adapter.

But dont know if the other threads have explore this idea, but a few months ago i grab a sony cybershot pro camera, and i notice that i has a video output option which i couldnt test... How about if we use the optics of that camera, and take the video output to a DV camera and get 35mm full digital optics into a DV resolution cassette.

I will try some thing up tomorrow to see what results i get.

Dogus Aslan November 14th, 2004 04:04 AM

nope...i dont think it will work...

the preview screen on the camera is showing low resolution image with low rame rate..it is using the ccd partially not all the pixels are been used...if u plug it into ur dv camera you will get about the same image seen on the viewfinder of the cybershot...when you take the picture...the cybershot records the full ccd data..

Brett Erskine November 14th, 2004 04:46 AM

Dont you just loooove thoughs camera companies... Carefully maintaining market seperation for maximum profit.

This is why all these DIY threads exist.

I wonder if breakthrus like Juan's uncompressed mod will alter the scheduled timeline for similar features in commercial products. Probably not directly but the buzz will be heard at least.

Jim Lafferty November 14th, 2004 09:13 AM

Agus,

Long time no see! Good to read you're well -- thanks for kicking off these home brewed phenomenons...

- jim

Dogus Aslan November 14th, 2004 11:58 AM

who is agus?..was he the starter of the threads here?

Jim Lafferty November 14th, 2004 12:43 PM

He's the Agus in "Agus35" -- I think it was some of his earliest posts that got everyone excited by the possibilities of a P+S device that was actually affordable, made from household parts and supplies.

With a lot of effort into the project by many, improvements came and the next big leap was Alain's static, ground glass solution, now the "Aldu35" (from Alain Dumais).

Next in the evolution will be the oscillating adapters (take your pick -- there's a few people developing them currently), and the micro-crystalline wax glass that Frank and I are working on.

Along the way there have been countless suggestions, ammendments, and advice from a lot of people, but it all started with Agus, sandpaper, glue, and a CD motor...

- jim

Dogus Aslan November 14th, 2004 06:35 PM

i didnt notice the first post belonged to agus...so that was a silly question...

message to agus:.

congrats pal!!:) for turning on the bulbs on our heads:)

Richard Mellor November 14th, 2004 11:17 PM

augus35

yes agus you made us all believe we could build this ourselves.
you created a tidal wave of homebrew thinking for the camera .
I proudly show my agus 35 to all my guests and tell them about our worldwide family of camera development

Don Berube November 15th, 2004 01:16 AM

Hey Rich,

I just realized that we are neighbors, I live right next to you!

I would be very interested in taking a look at your adaptor some time soon, what ya say?

If you have the time Tuesday night (Nov 16), why not stop by at our November BOSFCPUG meeting (it is free) and say hello? Just ask for me at the door and I will come over and take a look. Here's more info on the meeting: http://www.bosfcpug.org

If you can't make it by tonight, definitely email me and let me know when we could set something up.

Best regards,

- don

Bob Hart November 15th, 2004 08:29 AM

Some useless imformation. - The plumbers version goes to film school in two weeks, - well sort of.
I'm doing a course and an assignment is to direct a two character scene extract, so I hope to use it for the close-ups or shoot an entire duplicate with it to see how it compares and integrates with straight video.

We get trained actors so the project is something to look forward to.

Our local school for the profession, W.A.A.P.A. is apparently right up there with the best anywhere, something in my ignorance of my own home state I did not know about.

Agus Casse November 16th, 2004 01:53 AM

Bob Hart...

Hey dude, i have never been able to thank you so much to continue the progress of the adapter since i was unable to continue the work.

I promess that if i come back to the proyect i will bring a new radical idea for a new adapter... for the moment i will try to design it correctly and find the ultimate ground glass and prism to get it corrected. I really want to launch an adapter for sell that would be competitive and at a very low cost... just need to solve some issues to get any dv camera to work with it.

Bob Hart November 16th, 2004 10:57 AM

Agus.

Thanks are not required. Thank you for having the smarts to find the solution in the first place and then being generous enough to share.

This has been a project which among other things has helped to keep me sane in a sometimes stressful circumstance and has required no more workspace or resources than a rear verander attached to a house, some tools and a power outlet.

Regards and keep on making movies.

Christian Schmitt November 29th, 2004 01:07 PM

hey,
even though Jim sumed it up pretty much,
are there any ready to use P+S alternatives out yet?
the Dvinfo threats tent to become to confusing for me...
i love the DIY idea and i'm persuing it as a filmmaker,
but when it comes to building harware, I'm just to clumsy...
anyone?