ok guys - 1000fps 4:4:4 10bit single CMOS near HD at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old November 27th, 2004, 04:15 AM   #1
Regular Crew

ok guys - 1000fps 4:4:4 10bit single CMOS near HD

The colour HD version is coming first week december but I thought you guys would appreciate our tests of this product.

It's not ready for primetime yet but we (Jarred Land and Nick Bicanic) are working with the company that makes the cameras to make them more "film production" friendly - we are intending to make this available as a rental within a few months.

We did most of the shooting at 1024x512 at 1000fps or less (one test was at 2200fps)

I think you will find the demos impressive - the last "demo" trailer - for the project "Fists of Dawn" was shot as a sample piece...

Go check it out

www.purposelabs.com

Nick
Nick V. Bicanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2004, 09:27 AM   #2
Major Player

Definitely cool stuff Nick. How much will the project have cost when complete (if I may be so bold!)?

I remember seeing these clips on DVXuser when Jarred (I believe) posted 'em. Good stuff!
Aaron Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2004, 02:14 PM   #3
DVX User

The cost is basically time, the tests were done with friends just to see what these "scientific" cameras could achieve, and we where very impressed.
Jarred Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2004, 04:50 PM   #4
Major Player

1000fps

that was pretty cool stuff . could you tell us a little about the specs of the camera used.
Richard Mellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2004, 08:05 PM   #5
Regular Crew

yes, more info please.
Eric Gorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2004, 08:10 PM   #6
Regular Crew

some specs...

without revealing too much...since we're in discussions with the company regarding further development/partnerships

The camera essentially records to a RAM array.

So you have (depending on resolution/frame rate - both of which are adjustable up and down to a maximum of sensor size and system bandwidth) x amount of seconds to record...

Once the RAM is full you dump the frames to external data storage (e.g. a laptop - the same laptop you use for preview/focus) - you'll be able to use firewire 400/800 or gigabit ethernet

Nick
Nick V. Bicanic is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods