Micro35 (original thread) - Page 16 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old February 11th, 2005, 11:29 PM   #226
Trustee

so a firewire monitor that can record the image on a drive? and show it the right side up?
Obin Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2005, 11:30 PM   #227
Major Player

If the price points about the same or less than DV Rack, sure.

What made you decide to go that route.

And have you had any luck with an XL-1 solution?
Joshua Starnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2005, 11:40 PM   #228
Micro35

I haven't got my hands on an XL1 yet.

I've had the video code for a while, I've just never had a reason to finish it after DVRack came out. Now, I've wanted to have the framing capabilities and the video rotate feature and no one has it. Yet.

The price would be a fraction of the cost of DVRack. Maybe $50 or something like that.

I dug it out tonight and played around with it some. I did a couple of frame templates. It looks pretty good.

If any of you guys are interested, I see that it gets finished...

j
James Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2005, 12:10 AM   #229
Major Player

I'm interested.

Would this putative miracle be a Windows program? If so, what would the minimum hardware requirements be?

Details, James---details!
John Sandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2005, 12:19 AM   #230
Micro35

Windows. If you can capture video from your camera, it will work on your computer.

EDIT:
If you're interested, please email me. I don't won't to go too off topic here.
Old February 12th, 2005, 12:23 AM   #231
Trustee

having a ""computer" while shooting would be a pain in the butt..what we need is a MICRO ATX or ITX computer system with an LCD on the front so it's an lcdscreen/computer all in one that can be mounted on the dvx100 micro35 system

I for one don't want a laptop dragging around with me while I shoot...

oh and BTW justt ad a FAST USB 2 port and harddrive and the reel-stream system and you have a 100,000$ 4:4:4 12bit camera system for under 6 grand ;) ;)

Old February 12th, 2005, 12:30 AM   #232
Micro35

I don't really want to either. But for the price of a good hi-res video monitor, you can buy a laptop that can perform more functions than a monitor.

I've thought about taking some of our hi-brighted lcd 10.4 displays at work ( www.efueling.net ) . It would be awesome, but would be quite expensive for everyone.

So far I've been trying to provide solutions for the low/no budget indie folks, so I'm going to try and stay on that track.

Although, you could certainly run the program on a micro ATX with a firewire port.
Old February 12th, 2005, 12:36 AM   #233
Trustee

you can get cheap LCD screens.....I have a touch screen that is 1024x768 for around $300...not bad and the ones without touch are cheaper....
Old February 12th, 2005, 12:54 AM   #234
Trustee

james are you using this:

http://www.formatt.co.uk/dvt/default.asp

in your photos?

When do you think you will ship the book and have all the parts ready? I am really needing your unit!

Forgot to ask ..are you using a CD-ROM for your GG? I hope not as i don't think the image is as good as it could be with a better GG...
Old February 12th, 2005, 10:07 AM   #235
Major Player

Give it a rest already, Obin. Let the man do his work and, as John Carmack would say "It's done when it's done."

- jim
Jim Lafferty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2005, 10:41 AM   #236
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Obin Olson : Forgot to ask ..are you using a CD-ROM for your GG? I hope not as i don't think the image is as good as it could be with a better GG... -->>>

I think he said he's using custom made GG.

You know, Obin, once this and the reel-stream product are widely available, its going to put your DIY HD camera project out of business.
Joshua Starnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2005, 12:41 PM   #237
Regular Crew

I donīt think James wants to put Obinīs Cam out of the way... I will be interested in both, as they complement so well. Unless Obin go directly to 35mm mount. Then i have my XM1 wich is what im using now very happily though.

And the Andromeda itīs still on the way. Plus, you have this new thread going around... Something about Panaīs leak of news (hehehe). Very interesting indeed. Itīs the good thing about competition. I donīt own a DVX so Andromeda is not interesting for me, Obinīs is.

Anyway... Im Looking for the program too. I have a Spanish version of Asus 12 inches laptop. Itīs just 1ī2 with 40 gigs. but i hope it makes the way to it.
Old February 12th, 2005, 04:57 PM   #238
Trustee

I don't think this is going to have an effect on me...first off my camera is 1080p uncopmressed. I can dial in any frame rate you want. I will have a GG adaptor inside the camera so that all you use are 35mm lenses..WITH 35mm DOF and you can set your widescreen from 1 pixel high to 1080..oh and I am using the Altasense and CMOS chips..much more "film" looking then ccd IMHO...I have no worries...if what I am doing gets some fire under the butts of the "Big Boys" that makes me feel even better...I am not out to make a BIG buck but help provide a solution that is NEEDED.

I hope you see my POV.
Old February 12th, 2005, 05:23 PM   #239
Major Player

I think you're probably quite right Obin. I don't see it wiping you out at least.

Quote:
Plus, you have this new thread going around... Something about Panaīs leak of news (hehehe).
It has been _confirmed_ by Jan Crittenden that the new camera will be DVCProHD which is 100mbs (screw HDV). Pretty nice! I suspect it will only be 720p though.
Aaron Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2005, 08:40 PM   #240
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Aaron Shaw : It has been _confirmed_ by Jan Crittenden that the new camera will be DVCProHD which is 100mbs (screw HDV). Pretty nice! I suspect it will only be 720p though. -->>>

That'd be one gig per minute at 720p at 30fps. I wonder how they plan on working around that. Have a link to the information you are going on?

EDIT: Nm, found it.
Kyle Edwards is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods