Micro35 (original thread) - Page 18 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old February 16th, 2005, 11:04 AM   #256
Micro35

My guess is about 15lbs with my camera. With the new rail base, it's probably a few pounds lighter.

My partner is handling the guides and I believe they're at the printers. So my full steam ahead has no affect on the guides. ;)

Thanks guys!
James Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2005, 11:08 AM   #257
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by James Hurd : My guess is about 15lbs with my camera. With the new rail base, it's probably a few pounds lighter.

My partner is handling the guides and I believe they're at the printers. So my full steam ahead has no affect on the guides. ;)

Thanks guys! -->>>

Can your magiqcam handle that weight OK? (I think you've got of those, right?)
Joel Aaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2005, 12:58 PM   #258
Major Player

$45.00 Adaptor

Just wondering if this is still a $45.00 adaptor? Let’s see... Custom GG, and now machined rods and base plate... Just thinking out loud..
Old February 16th, 2005, 01:03 PM   #259
Micro35

The magiqcam handles it just fine. You've got to adjust the springs a little with the allen wrench. It actually works better with the added weight.

The rails and custom gg aren't part of the Guide or the device the guide helps you make. Although the output of both devices are nearly identical, the Pre-Assembled units will have the custom gg and rails.

Both however, will be sold (inexpensivly) on the micro35 site for anyone needing them.

james
Old February 16th, 2005, 01:35 PM   #260
Trustee

I think Craig just needs clarification - the $45 is for the guide with all the instructions and other information, not for the actual adaptor itself. It's not a "$45 adaptor" so to speak.
Imran Zaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2005, 01:55 PM   #261
Major Player

NOPE

I understand that... BUT it was stated that all updates would be included in the GUIDE... and now we are having machined parts and a different GG NOT IN THE GUIDE and that is not what was stated. What this thread started with was a $30.00 adaptor guide which went to a 45.00 adaptor guide “NOT OUT YET" which DOESN"T include the instructions on the new GG or the new Rods/ Rails... Maybe I am misunderstanding but once the new GG and Machined parts have been introduced to this thread it doesn't seem to me that this is a 45.00 guide that will show you how to make a 45.00 adaptor... Just maybe the business aspect, which I'm am not against has pushed this Guide plus parts to much more then what has been stated... and yes I'm gonna buy the guide as soon as it starts to be mailed.... The silly thing about me is that I have 2 Xl2's down stairs and a mini 35 400 series...WHY... because of my work...not at home. Plus I didn't feel too good about spending $10.000 on a $5.000 camera... AND I like to beat the system just like you...Anyway maybe I am misunderstanding.
Old February 16th, 2005, 02:04 PM   #262
Micro35

Craig,
Let me clarify.

The guide describes how to make the adapter I used to make to horse video. I'd said that anyone who bought the guide would have access to any advances in the system. This includes vendors etc. So if you buy a guide and you don't feel like making the GG yourself, then I'll sell you one of my "production" ggs to help you out with your project.

The original DIY adapter hasn't changed except for a modification made two weeks ago by flipping the adapter upside down to handle standard rail setups. The device still costs $45 to build and doesn't require any machining other than drilling a hole.

So to clarify a bit further, anyone that buys a "kit" will get the latest parts. Anyone that buys a "Pre-Assembled" unit will get the latest parts AND the macro and rails.

Sorry if I've made it a little confusing.

James
Old February 16th, 2005, 02:07 PM   #263
Major Player

Perfect..

Thanks so Much...
Old February 16th, 2005, 02:32 PM   #264
Major Player

Micro35 on MagiqCam

"My guess is about 15lbs with my camera ... The magiqcam handles it just fine."

Yes, I've noticed that heavier cameras are a little easier to smooth-out on my Series II arm (the older, 2-part arm John Gardner made).

James, when you flew your Micro35 on the stabilizer, what camera did you mount & did you have any accessories on there with it? I know you're really busy, but if you were able to post any photos of your Micro35 on a MagiqCam, that would be a wealth of information.
John Sandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2005, 02:41 PM   #265
Micro35

John,
Check your email.

James
Old February 16th, 2005, 04:27 PM   #266
Major Player

Got it. Thanks!

This is all looking very good, James. You must be exhausted.
John Sandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2005, 10:43 PM   #267
Trustee

what is the cost for you to build me a system James? and do you have a date for the book yet? I have more projects coming and I sure would like to shoot with the micro35!
Obin Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2005, 05:04 PM   #268
New Boot

Current Guide Status.

Haven't heard anything for awhile. Do we have a guide ship date yet? The original ship date was the 1st. It's now the 21st. Getting a wee bit antsy here. :)

Brett
Brett A. Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2005, 05:10 PM   #269
Major Player

Bababababa. I've just kinda figured my $45 is gone with the wind.
Steev Dinkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2005, 08:29 PM   #270
Trustee

don't be so fast to assume..I have been talking with James today many times in email...could he be a COMPLETE scam? yes .anyone can..it's easy...but I don't think this guy is...really...
Obin Olson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods