Micro35 (original thread) - Page 26 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old April 8th, 2005, 08:21 AM   #376
Regular Crew

Jonathon that is one of the best explanations i´ve seen! Just when you said the three pencils, and the needles being offcentre everything came to my mind!

Congratulations!
Old April 8th, 2005, 09:01 AM   #377
Regular Crew

aw shucks. :) Thanks guys.

On another note: These message boards are worse than CRACK.
Old April 8th, 2005, 09:10 AM   #378
Major Player

yeah - I'm going to have to turn off my email notifications - I'm not getting anything done! :)
Brian Valente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2005, 08:57 PM   #379
New Boot

<<<-- Originally posted by Brian Valente : Jonathan - you are burying the lead! -->>>

clearly a news guy! ;-)

im glad jon did this analogy.. its exactly how the mini35s' GG looks inside there spinning... and it doesnt spin that fast...
Marc Abernathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2005, 10:52 PM   #380
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Marc Abernathy : <<<-- Originally posted by Brian Valente : Jonathan - you are burying the lead! -->>>

clearly a news guy! ;-)

No, but I guess now I know where that comes from :)

Marc - sounds like you have the mini35. What do you think of it? Anything you really like or dislike?
Old April 9th, 2005, 11:15 PM   #381
New Boot

LOL you could have fooled me!

producers say that line all the time.. lol... amazing..

no sir i do not own a mini cooper...er mini35, but i play one on TV... ok.. let me stop... its early (or late depending on where you are and how you see the glass as being half full or empty... ;) ) ..

there is a guy here in atlanta who has one. i dont have any other reference to another adapter so i cant say if its good or bad, but it does do the job great! the shots i get out of that DVX100A camcorder are awesome!! the DOF is something to drool over.. it uses a regular camcorder batery and its simple to connect to the DVX. sometimes the 1st has to play with the backfocus to get it right but once its there (usually 5 minutes extra to do this on average) its set and forget.

last project i used it on we had some cooke primes.......... those shots were yummy!! we had studio follow focus on it and changing lenses was a snap!

i know what the adapter can accomplish and thats why im very excited to get my grubby paws on james' unit!! to be able to get those shots for way less money than the P & S adapter is very exciting!
Old April 9th, 2005, 11:21 PM   #382
Major Player

good to know - I didn't know you could play with the backfocus on the dvx. how do you do this?
Old April 9th, 2005, 11:23 PM   #383
Major Player

...and I guess the second question is how did you know you had to play with backfocus?
Old April 9th, 2005, 11:38 PM   #384
New Boot

by backfocus i mean they either "zoom in" or "zoom out" to get the proper focus. i used the backfocus term loosley, sorry.
Old April 10th, 2005, 05:24 AM   #385
Major Player

"Ol were ol, were are the manuals"

I'm so glad I kept my money for the manual... Why you ask... Because its 3 months late and I have purchased 398 diapers and counting and have a quite baby during this 3 month! But I still have this deep question of "Ol were ol, were are the manuals"
Old April 10th, 2005, 05:32 AM   #386
Regular Crew

Sorry to be brash but the G25 pisses all over the mirco. I'd be willing to spend a grand on there product just from the fottage have seen. It has atually given me and insight to what i could film.
Rabi Syid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2005, 08:33 AM   #387
Major Player

Rabi - How can you make that comparison when the micro35 hasn't been released? Have you seen a preview? Maybe you can shed more light on it for us
Old April 10th, 2005, 09:40 AM   #388
Regular Crew

The thing is though, that g35 has been promising all kinds of stuff (photos, prices, release dates and more sample footage without vignetting.) No goods have been delivered yet.

I'll stick with the 45$ micro.
Daniel Skubal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2005, 09:49 AM   #389
Major Player

is this about the guerilla35?? If so, you're right. you _are_ brash to make that statement, since they have not yet pubicly shown one picture of it in action. By what criteria are you using to judge these differences? Have you seen the sample footage at micro35.com?
Old April 10th, 2005, 10:22 AM   #390
Major Player

Promising all kinds of stuff

But doesn’t the Micro 35 Promise all the same stuff you are saying about the G35? But with the Micro35 they also don't deliver? Let’s see... Feb 1st is not even close for the release for a manual 2 ½ months late... The price went up for the manual... the footage on the web site was shot with "The old GG" so we've still not seen the "Good GG" footage... You might expect with all the supposed people beta testing we could see some kind of footage update... The update section hasn't been updated since 02/21/05 and the latest pictures are so freaking dark you would have to honestly wonder if the photographer had the lens cap on when shooting... At least the G35 hasn't taken peoples money and drawn interest in the bank while the customer has NOT EVEN SEEN AN UPDATE. And considering I was born in TX and lived there 35 years "Waco, Austin, Dallas" I would have to consider the Micro35 ands it’s makers are lacking the integrity for a business… And as they say back home “PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING” So where is the pudding? And yes If I don’t make to many people mad at me, then I will still order a manual if they ever come out.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods