Micro35 (original thread) - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old January 24th, 2005, 04:41 PM   #76
New Boot

James,

You say all parts required to build Micro35 described in the guide will be available for purchase outside the US.

Does it mean that you will include only links to websites of materials' suppliers that will ship the parts worldwide?
Or maybe these parts are 'universal' and widely used worldwide so you are sure that one can obtain them in every country?

I was wondering about that because ordering parts from different sources separately would greatly affect the total cost of adapter. In that case, would you suggest ordering all kit parts ($249) directly from you?

Thanks,
Mateusz
Mateusz Metelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2005, 04:56 PM   #77
Micro35

I'd suggest save $200 and order the parts yourself. They are widely available.
James Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2005, 05:18 PM   #78
Major Player

James,

From what I've gleaned from your posts, the ground glass is moving, but not oscillating. Can you tell us if the GG is rotating?
Is the rotational axis within the visible frame or outside it?

Using high shutter speeds or certain lighting conditions will there be a whirlpool/vortex effect in the centre of the frame?

Thanks.
Kyle Ringin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2005, 05:21 PM   #79
Micro35

Hey Kyle,
My tests with the second gen gg shows no movement in both light and dark situations.
Old January 24th, 2005, 05:25 PM   #80
New Boot

James,

I tried to create my own PayPal account for further buying your guide. I got confused. Poland was not on the list of coutries 'respected' by PayPal. Then I tried to check the option of paying by credit card but it was the same. This means I cannot register nor pay for the guide.

Would you accept any other ways of payment?

Thank you,
Mateusz
Mateusz Metelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2005, 05:25 PM   #81
Major Player

Pricing

Thanks James for all your hard work... Sounds like your being as honest as anyone can be with the pricing scale and also encouraging us to buy and build our own and save the money. Also the 200.00 difference is a bit more then expected for just getting us the parts, but then again YOU will be the one paying upfront for the parts in hopes to sell then in a kit form. I guess that’s why they call it a business. Again as with all the other more video and pictures would be much appreciated before I can honestly spend the extra cash.. Also why did the cost of the manual go from 30-45 dollars? Thanks again..
Old January 24th, 2005, 05:29 PM   #82
Major Player

OK, thanks.

I understand you don't want to divulge too much before the guide comes out.

I guess it's wait for the next lot of footage (hope it's soon!), then get the guide.

Cheers.
Kyle Ringin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2005, 05:29 PM   #83
New Boot

<<<--
Would you accept any other ways of payment?
-->>>

i second that, money order for example
Matt Ziegeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2005, 05:38 PM   #84
Micro35

Hey Guys,
Email me at sales@micro35.com and I'll shoot you an address.

Craig,
I'm really trying to arm everyone with the technology they need to make quality projects that appear to be big-budget productions. At the same time, we've got to put an end to these high-dollar equipment prices that no one can afford!

The added cost to the kit is just the labor for preparing the parts for assembly. So if you can drill and use a hack saw, SAVE YOURSELF SOME MONEY AND JUST GET THE GUIDE!!!!.

Two reasons on the price increase. One, the drawing package is freaking awesome (which cost me quite a bit). Second, I wanted to be able to say, "For less than the price of this guide, you can build your on micro35."

I've gotta get back to work! See ya!
Old January 24th, 2005, 08:06 PM   #85
Trustee

I am sold. when you can show me some un-compressed DV codec footage from the dvx100 and it is problem free I will buy the guide. I will also most likely spend the big cash on the Dan GG adaptor that looks VERY professional..I guess I will have both types and keep what works best for me ;) I would be happy to post projects on here that we shoot with a GG adaptor..the one thing Dan has going is a SMALL SIZE and CNC cut metal housing ...I think his adaptor will be a much more professional rig but the price IS 10x higher so I would hope so!! ;)

I still question the how stable the unit will be when your under the gun shooting while using the focus on a 35mm lens...that is my biggest fear I sure hope the Rod system helps with this ...I wait to see more footage!
Obin Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2005, 08:31 PM   #86
Micro35

Sounds like a great plan Obin!

By the way, the housing for the micro35 is cast aluminum. Damn tough, but very light. The only movement with my rig on the horse video was the flemsy Canon Autofocus EOS lens set to manual. The first rack of the statue was with my tighter sigma.

I'll be posting more info on the site within the next few days. I'll have updates, faqs, and even a forum for the micro35 customers!

Thanks Everyone!
Old January 24th, 2005, 09:44 PM   #87
Major Player

James, almost forgot - does your micro35 deal with the reverse image problem?
Leo Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2005, 09:47 PM   #88
Micro35

Mandy,
The guide addresses this issue!

Thanks!
Old January 24th, 2005, 10:59 PM   #89
Major Player

edited... it was about reversing image.... you say it addresses this... does this mean that you have tested this solution and it works with your adapter??? and is this a fix in post prod.?
Cody Dulock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2005, 12:20 AM   #90
Major Player

it would be either a magnet or a mirror attached to the LCD I would guess.

such is the price to pay for such a device. personally I can live with it.
Kyle Edwards is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods