All Frosted CD are not created equal! - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old March 6th, 2005, 07:53 PM   #46
Major Player

Updated my site with a new video - I finished building a mock set of rails today so it works on the tripod.

Getting a little colour separation on certain shots Long shots, working on figuring that out. Sturdiness is also a problem rack focusing, which is also something that I need to address - some vibrations when holding the focus ring. If anyone has a quick fix, let me know.

http://dvstuff.250free.com

Now, I am starting to write a short so I can shoot it!
Leo Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2005, 11:08 PM   #47
Major Player

Mandy, that is amazing

Really good for home-made stuff - wow, that is great! Hotspot issue isn't bad at all - if you light well, your film will be ultra cool...

Can't wait to hear more/see more about it!

Congrats!

Mark
Mark Kubat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2005, 11:08 AM   #48
Major Player

The press & seal is now showing its faults. In the compressed footage a little hard to see, but the uncompressed it really shows. Going back to the Frost GG until I can get the Transparent Foil from Filip!

New footage showing a daylight scene.

Leo Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2005, 05:45 PM   #49
Major Player

Bought some Mylar today for the CD/GG. Wow, what a difference in quality - but at the cost of losing light levels (will posts some pics in a few minutes). There is a great grain-like look to it and I cannot really see much of a spinning CD's with it (something that is obvious with Frosted GG/CD's). The hotspots is virtually gone as well because of the opaqueness of the material. I am going to try some more tests and see if it is a trade-off I can live with.

I am also looking for supplies of blank WHITE CD's. I only can find the GREEN TINT ones in stores. Does anyone know a company that sells them? maybe even just sells the plain packing cd's?

Leo Mandy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods