M42 to 55mm Adaptor Rings Available at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old February 24th, 2005, 02:19 PM   #1
Major Player

M42 to 55mm Adaptor Rings Available

OK, I said I was getting some parts machined, and they are finally in. I now have a nice adaptor ring for attaching M42 lenses to 55mm filter threads. This is the holy grail of sorts for 35mm adaptor projects. First, because good M42 lenses are plentiful and can be had very inexpensively. Second, because the M42 camera bodies were so popular, there are adaptors for other lens types to attach to the bodies. What this means is that you can use this adaptor with an M42 lens, or add another adaptor and attach pretty much any type of lens available. B&H Photo Video has a wide variety of "XXX Lens to M42 body" adaptors.

http://www.727records.com/727ad001.jpg

OK, so click the link for a picture of the adaptor ring. It is made of solid aluminum, about 9mm thick. This is a sturdy adpator. Female 42mm x 1.0mm (M42) pitch threads in the center, and male 55mm x .75mm (camera filter) pitch threads on one side. Weight is 1 ounce. I have eight (8) of these available, if you think you would find it useful. I'm try to recoup the cost of the machining. I am asking $25 in the US (includes USPS shipping), a little more for shipping outside the US. If you would like one, please email me, joshprovost at yahoo dot com. If I have any left, I will send you a PayPal money request.
Joshua Provost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2005, 06:11 PM   #2
Major Player

Forgive my ignorance - are the M42 the Screw-in type lens for 35mm pro cameras?
Leo Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2005, 06:44 PM   #3
Major Player

Not pro, but those lenses are the ones I use on my adapter. In my country and maybe other European countries it is called P-tread, used by Pentax, pentacor, conica, practica and more.
Oscar Spierenburg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods