DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Alternative Imaging Methods (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/)
-   -   When can we buy a Micro35? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/40342-when-can-we-buy-micro35.html)

Kin Kwan March 1st, 2005 11:05 AM

When can we buy a Micro35?

I visited the site but I was only able to find the guide on pre-order. I was going to email and ask James Hurd directly, but I think it would be better if I ask it here so anyone who is interested can find out. I'm sorry if this questions been asked in the original thread. It has gotten so long I was too lazy to dig through it. :P

Thanks!

KiN

James Hurd March 1st, 2005 11:13 AM

Kin,
I'm selectivly taking some initial DVX100A orders now. I hope to have the production line in full swing in 30 days or so.

Hope this helps,

James
www.micro35.com

Kin Kwan March 1st, 2005 01:50 PM

Thanks for the quick reply, looking forward to it!

KiN

Aaron Koolen March 1st, 2005 03:50 PM

James, I take it that the micro35 is just for the 72mm Thread cams? i.e. My XM2 is out of luck?

Aaron

Mark Kubat March 1st, 2005 06:11 PM

micro 35 seems to use step-down rings anyway...

Hey Aaron, my bad if I'm talking out of turn when James is obviously most qualified to answer - but if you look closely at the pics at micro35.com you'll see the system uses a stepdown ring anyway - 72 down to something - can't see for sure...

I'm GUESSING it shouldn't be too hard to customize for other diameters going in to the adaptor itself...

hope I'm helping...

Mark

James Hurd March 2nd, 2005 03:41 PM

That's correct. The micro35 isn't limited to any specific thread size. The macro is the only thing that's thread dependent. It can be adapted to any threadsize over 40mm.

Matthew Overstreet March 15th, 2005 02:44 PM

Might be a stupid question, I'm not sure, as I haven't seen any mention of it. But--how much is the micro35 going to cost? What is the price difference between a pre-assembled micro35, and if you decided to make it yourself using the guide. Thanks.

Matthew Overstreet

Daniel Skubal March 15th, 2005 03:50 PM

<<<-- Originally posted by Matthew Overstreet : Might be a stupid question, I'm not sure, as I haven't seen any mention of it. But--how much is the micro35 going to cost? What is the price difference between a pre-assembled micro35, and if you decided to make it yourself using the guide. Thanks.

Matthew Overstreet -->>>

The cost to make it yourself is around 40$ I believe? The guide is 45$ so for approximately 85$, you can make one yourself.

You can also by the pre-assembled version for 495$ I believe, and that comes with the guide.

I considered buying the pre-assembled version just so I could immediately film, but I'm a broke college student.

I don't know if you can still do this, but James is throwing in a sticker and ground glass with the guide for his first shipment. That's a great deal

Chris Rubin March 16th, 2005 12:02 AM

macro...

Just chiming in here...

James, what kind of macro are you using with your adapter?

(sorry if this has been discussed before)

cheers,
Chris

Matthew Overstreet March 16th, 2005 11:27 AM

$495? That sounds great, especially referring to the alternative, the $10,000 mini35--ugh. I'm definetly considering this for use in my feature that begins shooting in August.

Matthew Overstreet

Edit: I also forgot to ask, what does that come with exactly? Does it come with the matte box and rail system I've been seeing in the photos? I'd imagine that the lense need to be supplied ourself--can't imagine them coming with the system. I'm just curious, thanks.

James Hurd March 16th, 2005 11:52 AM

Matthew,
Thanks for your interest! Here are a couple of pics displaying what you get (Mount built as specified. Shown with OCT-19 Mount):

www.micro35.com/images/hi_view.jpg
www.micro35.com/images/low_view.jpg

It also comes with a macro that attaches to the camera.

Thanks!

james
www.micro35.com

Matthew Overstreet March 16th, 2005 12:02 PM

That is very reasonable. I didn't think it would come with a matte box, since those are pretty expensive in their own right. Anyway, the system can be built for any mount, correct? If I happened to order one, I'd just specify the mount? Or would I just have to change it afterwards. Thanks.

Matthew Overstreet

Edit: You can discard this message. I guess I wasn't paying attention to the post close enough.

Joshua Starnes March 16th, 2005 01:03 PM

Now if only Reel-Stream can get the Andromeda going.

Daniel Skubal March 17th, 2005 03:01 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by Joshua Starnes : Now if only Reel-Stream can get the Andromeda going. -->>>

What's that?

Steven Fokkinga March 17th, 2005 10:01 AM

It's a device to capture uncompressed video (4:4:4) from a dvx100. Maybe other cameras will follow. They're also expermenting to use the green offset in the camera to create a HD image. Check it out here:

reel-stream.com

(big surprise ;)

steven