DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Alternative Imaging Methods (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/)
-   -   Free Micro35 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/40353-free-micro35.html)

Shannon Rawls February 28th, 2005 05:04 PM

Will it be hard to adpat this to Sony HDV cameras?

I know you get a bazillion questions about if the Micro35 will work with other SD cameras.

And no disrespect to SD amera owners (I myself own a DVX100a, a DV500 and two XL1s')

But the real question 'as far as I'm concerned in 2005' is how will it adapt to the "FUTURE" of low-cost Digital Video Production for HiDef?

And right now, in the HDV realm, JVC is the leader of the pack with the HD10U, and Sony came in 2nd with the FX1 and Z1U. I joined the Sony Team.

I'm sure you have answered this question already, but since you have your own area on DVInfo.net, kudos, I would like to start breaking that 80,000 page post up into specific discussions, and this is what I'm concerned with....

Will it be hard to adpat the Micro35 to a Sony Z1U HDV camera?

*smile*

- ShannonRawls.com

James Hurd February 28th, 2005 05:52 PM

Shannon,
Great to hear from you and thanks for starting the thread. It should make it easier when discussing certain cameras.

I've got a friend that has a friend that has this camera. I'm trying to get my hands on it asap.

My initial guess is that I don't see a problem with it. Most cameras with non-removable lenses should be in good shape. It's just a mounting issue at that point. I hope I've got that covered with the new rail system.

Why don't you send me one of those XL1s you're not using and I'll hook you up! Ha!

Shannon Rawls February 28th, 2005 05:57 PM

Hook me up?? LOL How so?????

LOL

Either way, I plan to buy a Micro35 when it is released for my Z1. If you don't have a turn-key way or documented method of getting it to work with the Z1U, trust me, I will figure it out (I got hammers and saws and all sorts of chisel's in my garage. *smile*)

- ShannonRawls.com

Mark Kubat February 28th, 2005 06:42 PM

It should be fairly easy to set up for HDV...

I've tested my home-made system a bit with rented FX1 and Z1 (I own DVX which I was using for development of home adapter) and both have 72mm lens and switching macros between the two yielded similar fields of view etc... - I don't think HDV is going to be an issue for James' system...

Not to steal thunder from James - just want to help Shannnon in his quest for HDV-related stuff that Dan Diaconu is actually developing his system around the FX1... look for his posts... On his website, I believe his stills are posted and yes, the potential for HDV with a 35mm adaptor system is VERY PROMISING.

Sharpen those sawblades...

Mark

James Hurd February 28th, 2005 08:05 PM

I'm offering to give a fully assembled Micro35 to anyone who supplies me with one of the following cameras to test with.

1. XL1/XL2
2. Sony HDV
3. JVC HDV

I should probably start a new thread on this (FREE MICRO 35). Anyone agree???

Shannon Rawls February 28th, 2005 08:20 PM

I'll send you mu Z1U.

What's the Address to mail it to?
Call me toll free 1-800-97-BEOUT

(im serious)

- ShannonRawls.com

Mark Kubat February 28th, 2005 08:43 PM

James, just emailed you...

sent you email with a proposition @ sales@micro35.com...

Thanks, Mark

Kyle Edwards March 1st, 2005 02:10 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by James Hurd : I'm offering to give a fully assembled Micro35 to anyone who supplies me with one of the following cameras to test with.

1. XL1/XL2
2. Sony HDV
3. JVC HDV

I should probably start a new thread on this (FREE MICRO 35). Anyone agree??? -->>>

Aww, I wish you mentioned that in the emails (about making the DVD) I would have sent mine over.

James Hurd March 1st, 2005 02:02 PM

Free Micro35

I'm offering to give a fully assembled Micro35 to the first person who supplies me with one of the following cameras to test with.

1. XL1/XL2
2. Sony HDV
3. JVC HDV

This means there are three adapters up for grabs.

Thanks everyone!!

James

Barry Gribble March 1st, 2005 02:20 PM

How long do you need them for?

Shannon Rawls March 1st, 2005 05:34 PM

you mean XL1/2 and JVC HDV.

The Sony slot is taken!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grrrrr *smile*

I would send you an XL1s, but I'd rather you concentrate your R&D on Sony HDV. (wink)

- ShannonRawls.com

oh yea, how long DO you need it?

Jacob Ehrichs March 1st, 2005 10:01 PM

I'd send an xl1 if I knew how long you'd need it for. Couple weeks is no biggie but any longer than say 4 or more might be a problem.

James Hurd March 2nd, 2005 03:38 PM

I'd say a week, two at the most.

Jacob Ehrichs March 2nd, 2005 07:04 PM

How soon do you want it? hehehe

Fernando Maldonado March 2nd, 2005 10:09 PM

hey i have both a xl1/xl2 and would be willing to take them up to you i live in houston tx
i would be able to take and drop them off as soon as you need.