Lenses for M35 - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old April 18th, 2005, 04:54 AM   #76
Major Player

Thanks. Where can buy such 72 mm achromat inexpensively? How much would be?
Radek Svoboda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2005, 10:52 AM   #77
Regular Crew

4 Lomo Lenses - Which Ones to Keep for Micro35??

Hi all,
I just imported 4 Lomo lenses from Kiev (they came with a Konvas 35 mm movie camera).

I'm gonna sell the Konvas and 1 lens to recoup some $$$. Which three should I keep for the micro35 (to be used on DVX100)?

My lenses:
Lomo 70mm
Lomo 50 mm
Lomo 35 mm
Lomo 28 mm

Thanks,
Earon
Vancouver, BC
Earon Kavanagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2005, 12:29 PM   #78
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earon Kavanagh
Hi all,
I just imported 4 Lomo lenses from Kiev (they came with a Konvas 35 mm movie camera).

I'm gonna sell the Konvas and 1 lens to recoup some $$$. Which three should I keep for the micro35 (to be used on DVX100)?

My lenses:
Lomo 70mm
Lomo 50 mm
Lomo 35 mm
Lomo 28 mm

Thanks,
Earon
Vancouver, BC

I'd say keep the 50, the 35 and the 70. That should cover most of your basic needs until you can get a couple of more lenses.
Joshua Starnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2005, 12:45 PM   #79
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Starnes
I'd say keep the 50, the 35 and the 70. That should cover most of your basic needs until you can get a couple of more lenses.
Joshua, Thanks
Which other ones - a greater range of telescoping lenses?
Thanks,
earon
Earon Kavanagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2005, 04:48 PM   #80
Regular Crew

personally, i'd take the 28mm over the 35mm.. if you have limited lens options i'd say get the widest you can and the longest you can.. then pick something in the middle.
Eric Gorski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2005, 04:55 PM   #81
Trustee

How do we mount lenses with the micro35?

Hi guys. New to the idea of a 35mm adapter, so I was wondering how do we mount lenses onto the micro35? I'm assuming that different lens manufacturers use different mounts, so how do we connect them to the micro35? Does it use some sort of standard mount and we use an adapter to adapt from the standard to whatever type for the lens we want?

I've heard people talka bout Lomo lenses (cause they are cheap) and so I'd assume we'd need a special Lomo to micro35 lens mount adapter?

Aaron
Old April 21st, 2005, 05:11 PM   #82
Major Player

That was what I was about to say...but the one in the middle must be the 50mm of course because that's the most standard one around.

I wish I had a 70mm lens for the DOF and indoor shooting. For outdoors or on a big set a bigger lens, 135mm or more, would be useful.
Oscar Spierenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2005, 05:15 PM   #83
Major Player

there are different mounts avail...

Aaron, welcome to the discussions...

James is implementing the common 35mm lense types ie. Nikon, Canon for sure... not sure about others like Pentax.

Getting Nikon lenses is the safe bet as their system is the "uniform" for most (all?) their lenses...

That being said, James has outfitted the adapter for use with LOMO lenses (ie. Russian spy satellite lense company that evolved to make lenses for film cameras in Mother Russia) - that is what Larry McKee's group used and that's what is meant on James' site about "LOMO prototype"...

Hope this helps - if you take half a night and comb the posts, you'll find all you need to know...
Mark Kubat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2005, 06:02 PM   #84
Trustee

Does LOMO produce zooms? And if so, given the fact that we're essentially going to DV and through another piece of glass (If you're using DVX etc) then would the apparent "inferiority" of zooms really matter? I'm asking because if I could get away with a nice zoom, it could save some $$ no?

Aaron
Old April 25th, 2005, 06:05 AM   #85
Inner Circle

If at all possible. I would be inclined to try to keep all the lenses rather than break up a set. It will be more hlpful if you later decide to sell your Lomo lenses.
An intact set is more likely to be marketable. Also, mixing and matching later when buying a replacement for the lens you sell may introduce difficulties such as colour between different replacement lenses.
Bob Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2005, 10:04 AM   #86
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hart
If at all possible. I would be inclined to try to keep all the lenses rather than break up a set. It will be more hlpful if you later decide to sell your Lomo lenses.
An intact set is more likely to be marketable. Also, mixing and matching later when buying a replacement for the lens you sell may introduce difficulties such as colour between different replacement lenses.

Well - I suggest the 35 to the 28 (partly because that's just how I shoot, but that's just me) because he will have to get some more wide lenses - probably a 25 and an 18 (and you can find both for not too much), and once he has those wider lenses he's going to wish he had the 35, not so the 28.

You do see Lomo's up to 80, but I don't recall seeing one longer than that. You usally get moved on to Jupiters (which I believe use a different lens mount and have to be adapted to OCT-19, but I could be wrong). 100 and a 135 Jupiter wouldn't be a bad choice, but personally I'd get some wide stuff before I got longer lenses - but again that's just me.

For zooms, you're looking at Fotons. They're big and heavy and not terribly sharp or fast - I've seldom seen them below T3 actually. If you have a good set of primes, and you're locked into a russian mount, I'd say forget the zoom. You could probably get an angenieux or something and adapt it to a russian mount (or adapt all of your russian lenses to a PL mount) but either way, it can get expensive fast and really cancel out the money you save buying russian primes. Personally, I'd say forget the zoom.
Joshua Starnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2005, 10:31 AM   #87
Major Player

Single Chip Cam's 37mm filters

Hey guys. I'm curious will the micro 35 work with single chip cameras that have filter mounts as small as say 37mm?
Old April 25th, 2005, 11:13 AM   #88
Micro35

It sure will!

james
www.micro35.com
James Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2005, 01:15 PM   #89
Regular Crew

which ones..

just a suggestion... but KEEP THEM ALL....

the little bit that you get now will cost you more later.... keep the set...
Sarena Valilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2005, 11:32 PM   #90
Major Player

im working with one right now with a micro35. my camera is a pv-gs50 and has 27mm threads.
Cody Dulock is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods