Lenses for M35 - Page 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old April 26th, 2005, 11:31 PM   #91
Regular Crew

How much for the one you are selling?

I'd be interested in any of those LOMO's. Let us know which you decide to sell and for how much.

Andy
Andrew C. Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2005, 01:03 AM   #92
New Boot

Buying that lens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Valente
I will be happy to sell you a Nikon 50mm f.1.4 lens I just picked up from eBay - I haven't even unwrapped it and I decided to go the Lomo route.

Let me know if you're interested! I will sell at the same price I paid for it which is around $75

Brian
Do you still have that lens available? If so, do you have a PayPal account I can transfer the money to? A lot easier than mailing paper around the country!
Old April 28th, 2005, 07:03 AM   #93
Trustee

Brian I will buy your lens..can you send me pics please?

obin@dv3productions.com
Obin Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2005, 09:03 AM   #94
Major Player

Hey guys -

I can't believe you remembered this post!

Here's the deal: I have a couple of nikon lenses I picked up expressly for the Micro35. A 50mm and a 105mm. They are nice lenses! I am going to hang on to them for now until I get my OCT-19 mount for my lomos. At that point, I'm willing to part with them.

BTW - you can also check eBay - look under mf nikon lenses category. You can still get basically the same lens and price. I've seen a bunch there.
Brian Valente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2005, 07:16 PM   #95
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew C. Stewart
I'd be interested in any of those LOMO's. Let us know which you decide to sell and for how much.

Andy
Andy,
I'd be selling only one (probably the 35mm) and only with the Konvas 2 - 35mm film camera. It will make thecaera a little easier to sell.

thanks for asking
Earon Kavanagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2005, 10:36 PM   #96
Major Player

I'd keep 'em all absolutely. One thing that would help you is to check the serial #s of the lenses. the first two numbers are the year they were made. If they are 80 or later, they are probably pretty good lenses. Anything before that I've heard sketchy stuff.

But really, if you are going the 35mm route, why would you give up a lens for maybe $80-100?
Old April 28th, 2005, 10:37 PM   #97
Major Player

PLUS you may consider pulling the OCT-19 mount off the Konvas and keeping it (or maybe even sending it to James - sorry james - ) since it could greatly help you get an OCT-19 mount much sooner.

This is the route Larry took, and he's the Micro35-Lomo god!
Old April 29th, 2005, 01:29 PM   #98
Tourist

Lomos

Hi everyone. Been lurking finally posting. I am a composer turned filmmaker and am a noobie when it comes to things optical. I own a DVX 100a which I am very happy with. Really want 35mm DOF and plan to purchase micro35 when it is available. On that note...

I purchased these lenses on ebay from www.kievcamera.com for $25.00 each. Seller has a lot of good feedback. These are from the early nineties according to the serial #'s and the photos look like they are in good condition.

I am awaiting their delivery. Hoping I found something good and that I didn't waste my money. Figured it was worth a shot. Anybody care to comment about the quality of these lenses and if they will work with the planned micro35 LOMO mount.

35mm movie camera Lens OKC 2-100-2 100 mm LOMO "MINT"

35mm movie camera Lens OKC 1-50-6 50 mm LOMO "MINT"
James Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2005, 09:11 PM   #99
Major Player

Welcome, James! As far as I have read at micro35.com, the LOMO mount which has been tested is the OCT-19.

I emailed you off the boards about Kiev Camera. Please post here when you get a opinion about the lenses you bought.

Last edited by John Sandel; April 29th, 2005 at 09:30 PM.
John Sandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2005, 08:37 AM   #100
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew C. Stewart
Thanks brian...

I've been looking at some other Nikon lenses and some say AI, some AIS, some for what I assume to be different cameras(Sigma, Nikkor, Vivitar, Tamron, etc). I just didn't know if the mounts were the same or different...or at least compatible in some way.

Also...what does everyone recommend in ways of Autofocus and Manual?

I would assume that the AF in a lens wouldn't work with this type of an adapter and that MF would give you more control anyway. Is that the general concensus?
Regarding Nikon Af, Ai, AIS, Zooms, etc...

Nikon has had the same physical mount since something like 1940. The Ai and AIS designations came later, and refer to connections in the lens for cameras with electronic metering (and here may be a difference for cameras with DOF buttons as well? My knowledge doesn't go back that far!). But essentially, any Nikon Ai, AIS, and AF lens should work on a current lens mount. For Nikon still bodies, you would lose some things like metering (and obviously AF if you had a pre-AF lens). But none of that applies to the Micro35 anyway, as the lens will be strictly manual; the mount is just "holding the lens in place" with no mechanical/electronic coupling.

Nikon AF lenses in such a scenario will just be MF lenses, and the focusing ring will work normally (though some consumer AF lenses will have TINY focusing rings.) A couple Nikon lenses (for instance some of the 80-200 2.8 zooms) have an AF/MF switch on the body as well. Some people feel that many AF lenses just don't have nice focus damping, some of them do feel a bit "loose" to me as well; you could visit a photo rental place and handle theirs to see what you think.

Also, "IF" in the lens number means "Internal Focusing". "ED" signifies (as I recall) their low-dispersion glass.

There are many websites with spreadsheet-type comparisons of Nikons (and Nikon mount sigmas, vivitars, etc). Some Nikon lenses are stellar, other are so-so. Some of their very old, non-ai lenses are legendary for sharpness and flare control as well... they've made fab optics for decades.

Better Nikons lenses will be (in the 65mm and longer ranges) the fast ones, generally speaking. If you get a zoom, get a 2.8, not a 4.5-5.6 (Which would kill the whole reason you want 'em for a Micro35 anyway, right?) Many wide Nikons under 35mm length are decent to stellar as well, as these weren't of consumer interest. Some of their 20's are classics.

You might consider, when going with Nikon, to get their AF lenses; this way you could get a D70 or D50 affordable digital SLR and have a "pro-ish" digital still as well. (The D70 is actually a bit better then the D100) (Same goes for Canon EOS I suppose).

Also, there's a wealth of focusing tubes, close-up sets, reversing rings, and teleconverters for Nikon, so if you want to get esoteric with extreme closeups (or shooting wierd textury stuff for compositing), these could be fun as well. And photography rental houses should have a huge stock of Nikon glass, up to the $12,000 400 F4's.

Some wonderful Nikon AF's: the 50 1.8... the 85 1.8 (considered one of the best fashion lenses of all time--gorgeous and compact)... the 180 2.8, and just about any of the (huge) 300 and 400 2.8's. The 300F4 is stellar; The 80-200 2.8AF is one of the most useful lenses you could own for long work; it just seems to have "soul" with it's sweet compression and color rendition. (You can get these on ebay cheap; they're a tough pro-lens that came in several variants). The 18-35 3.5-4.5 is nice, if a bit slow (but can be found for under $400)... the fast wide-zooms are excellent but very very expensive.

Hope that helps! --MC
Michael Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2005, 11:15 AM   #101
Regular Crew

Nikon Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 MF

I picked up a cheap 50mm Nikon f/1.8 MF lens off ebay for like $30. Is it comparable in quality to the 50mm AF lens?
Andrew C. Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2005, 01:41 PM   #102
Major Player

Michael - that was one of the best posts I've seen! Would you mind if I borrowed it for the Micro35 forum over at Redrock? I will give you full credit.

Brian
Old April 30th, 2005, 02:45 PM   #103
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obin Olson
Brian I will buy your lens..can you send me pics please?

obin@dv3productions.com
Obin - your web site is the bomb! Everyone should check it out. Nice demo reels too!
Old April 30th, 2005, 10:06 PM   #104
Tourist

Any lomo experts out there?

Hoping someone can tell me if these lenses will work with the micro35?

LOMO OKC 2-100-2 100 mm

LOMO OKC 1-50-6 50 mm
James Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2005, 11:52 PM   #105
Major Player

www.redrockmicro.com/forum
Cody Dulock is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods