DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Alternative Imaging Methods (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/)
-   -   Motors for Pro type adaptor (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/41892-motors-pro-type-adaptor.html)

Radek Svoboda March 27th, 2005 08:14 AM

Motors for Pro type adaptor

Is there good source to buy miniature motors? What type of motor is best to use? How much are small motors? Does the motor speed change with voltage?

Daves Spi March 29th, 2005 03:21 AM

Re: Motors for Pro type adaptor

<<<-- Originally posted by Radek Svoboda : Is there good source to buy miniature motors? What type of motor is best to use? How much are small motors? Does the motor speed change with voltage? -->>>

See motors from printers, scanners, step motors...

--

Mrkni se na motory ze starých tiskáren, scannerů, prostě krokové motory.

Bob Hart March 29th, 2005 06:34 AM

Simple CD player motors seem to be adequate. Some DVD player motors have an added little nylon pulley and a little hair spring which runs in the pulley groove. This seems to be there to eliminate side play in the bearing. It would also help reduce end-float. Mabuchi is one brand name for small motors which has been around for a long time.

Radek Svoboda March 29th, 2005 09:49 AM

Where you buy Mabushi? I checked website. Nice selection but it seems they sell only extreme large quantities. You can get nice 6 mm (1/4 inch) diameter motors.

Daves, the printer motors are too large.

Daves Spi March 29th, 2005 10:25 AM

<<<-- Daves, the printer motors are too large. -->>>

Oh, then check harddisk motors, but if you are looking for motors under 2cm in diameter... Maybe check mobile phones...

Radek Svoboda March 29th, 2005 11:01 AM

Daves, check Mabushi pages. So many motors. Do you know small motor dealer in Prague?

Brett Erskine March 29th, 2005 09:32 PM

Try a small brushless motor. Known for how quiet and little power they consume, they should be a good place to start. I found a nice one from a slightly oversized computer fan. One thing about brushless motors though. They are NOT as stronge as traditional motors so make your oscillation parts extremely light weight. You should be making them near weightless anyways so that the whole thing doesnt vibrate in the first place but I figure I should mention it. And as always google search to find them.

Radek Svoboda March 30th, 2005 09:47 AM

Brett,

Thank you. I was looking in computer fans but they were 12V.

Is any source anywhere in the world you can order lot of different micro motors, like Mabushi?

I did Gooogle search, all I founf were model shops with too big motors, surplus stores with motors without specs, manufacturers that will not sell one piece.

Radek

Brett Erskine March 30th, 2005 09:26 PM

Go to your local computer parts store for these computer parts. You can still run it off of less than 12v dc (like your camera battery). It just wont turn as fast.