Mini35/HVX200 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old April 26th, 2005, 03:40 AM   #16
New Boot

JVC GY-HD100U & Mini35?

Check out this photo from NAB...(6th photo from top)
http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content...to-Gallery.htm
Isn't this Mini35 300, attatched to new JVC GY-HD100U?
Adopters for new JVC already out?

Just hoping... it'll work for HVX200 like this easy...

Like to hear some good news from P+S Technik or ZGC...

Jong W. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2005, 10:03 AM   #17
Wrangler

Cody:

What I was saying was that on the DVX adaptor you need to be at full telephoto to achieve proper coverage on the ground glass. I had a concern about the HVX being backed off to incorporate a step-down ring, thus potentially creating a slight vignette--but the additional range of the HVX lens in telephoto should be able to accomodate this.

Jong, the relay shown at NAB for the HD100U was a mockup, but will be in production soon (I would think it would be out by the time the camera hits the street). It's essentially the XL series relay with the JVC bayonet on it. Assuming that Panasonic gets P+S a pre-release HVX in time, historically they have been able to get their adaptors out just after the camera goes on sale. They are of course aware of the camera and are intending to make a relay for it (this is based on conversations I had with both P+S and ZGC folk at the show).
Old April 26th, 2005, 10:48 AM   #18
Major Player

Charles, I'm the producer type (at least that's what my major credits are). So just wondering. If you use these 35mm adapters it softens the image and if you go to film out it'll soften it more correct?

The reason for my question is;

I've done four 4 films on 35mm all released to the dvd, video, tv, cable markets.

With my luck I'd shoot with one and then someone would want a film out that's reasoning behind my question.
Gary McClurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2005, 02:03 PM   #19
Barry Wan Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary McClurg
Charles, I'm the producer type (at least that's what my major credits are). So just wondering. If you use these 35mm adapters it softens the image and if you go to film out it'll soften it more correct?

The reason for my question is;

I've done four 4 films on 35mm all released to the dvd, video, tv, cable markets.

With my luck I'd shoot with one and then someone would want a film out that's reasoning behind my question.
Ask Marcus Van Bavel about the DVFilm demo reel. About a year ago we put together some DVX/Anamorphic footage, and the identical shots on DVX/mini35, and Marcus transferred it to 35mm and put the footage on the demo reel. If you'd like to see how the mini35 footage held up on a transfer, vs. non-mini35, that'd be a great way to do it. But keep in mind that not only is there a difference of the mini35 present, but also it was letterbox mode so it needed a little more optical magnification.

I think it held up pretty well, compared to the anamorphic. I was concerned that overall the results were probably too soft for a mainline theatrical release, but it was definitely nowhere near as soft as I thought it might be.

Consider that with an HD camera, likely the transfer will hold up better as well.
Barry Green is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods