DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Alternative Imaging Methods (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/)
-   -   Mini35/HVX200 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/42192-mini35-hvx200.html)

Jason Brunner April 1st, 2005 09:32 AM

Mini35/HVX200

Well, it looks as to have the DVX form, let's hope it fits to our DVX rigged minis as easily as the XL2 did to the XL1 rigged minis.

Anyone have thoughts on HD Mini35? Are there any limitations in the Mini's ground glass compared to the pro? I'm thinking its the same glass....

Jong W. Lee April 1st, 2005 01:23 PM

Hope...

I've been waiting for HVX200+mini35 rig for long time...
and that was the reason why I bought DVX100+mini35+Zeiss lens set...
I'll be really disappointed if Mini35 doesn't work for HVX200.
If anyone knows anything... please share it with us...

Please...

Jong W. Lee
Cinemasia Production

P.S. Is the name 'HVX200' right?

Rafael Cruz April 1st, 2005 07:39 PM

im using a mini35 with a fx1 and the image is amazing

Dave Frank April 2nd, 2005 01:56 PM

Rafael, how does focusing work out with the Fx1? Reading Adam Wilts review of the FX-1 made it sound like the FX-1's viewfinder isn't high-res enough to focus well for normal HD. I would assume it would be even harder with the mini35 on there.

Rabi Syid April 3rd, 2005 04:36 AM

<<<-- Originally posted by Rafael Cruz : im using a mini35 with a fx1 and the image is amazing -->>>

Would you mind posting some material?
Thanks

Mathieu Ghekiere April 20th, 2005 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabi Syid
<<<-- Originally posted by Rafael Cruz : im using a mini35 with a fx1 and the image is amazing -->>>

Would you mind posting some material?
Thanks

Rabi, I think if you do a search on the DV for the Masses Forum, someone already posted a clip, a music clip I think, shot with the FX1 and the Mini35 (or it's in the FX1 forum, don't really know anymore)
anyhow, there should be a link to footage of it via these boards.
Good luck!

Harikrishnan Ponnurangam April 20th, 2005 03:17 PM

Go to Hmanvisions.com

Christopher Haring has a post under P+S technik and mini35 converters.

He shot a music video on hdr-fx1.

Charles Papert April 21st, 2005 12:18 AM

The HVX200 should work fine with the Mini35, according to conversations I had at NAB with both Panasonic and P+S Technik folk. However, sadly for those of us who own DVX relays--the front diameter of the HVX's lens will be larger, so that means a new kit for that camera.

Dave Eanton April 21st, 2005 01:54 AM

Thanks Charles, that's what I needed to hear:)

Jason Brunner April 22nd, 2005 08:02 AM

Does it mean simply a larger diopter attachment and reconfigured mount (probably $ hundreds) or does it mean a completely new kit (couple grand) ?

Charles Papert April 22nd, 2005 08:59 AM

Historically each new mount has meant a $2600 relay and mounting kit. This should be no exception. The shroud around the lens will need to be bigger, so all elements will require retooling.

Harikrishnan Ponnurangam April 22nd, 2005 09:29 AM

Watch dog for HD

Charles,

I know you have watch dog for xl1 and xl2 and it has valuable links to mini 35 p+s technik. Is this same good for HDV cameras. I'm thinking of buying the HDR-FX1 i just want a link to put it together with Mini35.

thanks,
Hari

Cody Dulock April 25th, 2005 04:26 PM

just curious, but does the mini35 relay lens screw to the lens on the DVX? if it does, you could probably just get a stepping ring to fit it to the new panasonic camera. From my understanding the relay lens is a just an achromat of some sort so you can focus on the GG... so you have to actually zoom with your camcorder.

just my .02cents

Charles Papert April 26th, 2005 12:33 AM

possible, possible...however, as soon as you start to zoom back from full telephoto with the DVX you will start vignetting (in this case, the oscillating ground glass reveals itself in the corners. Sadly I've had this happen on a few shots by accident). Since the HVX has a larger diameter, it stands to reason that it will vignette that much more; however, it does have a longer zoom so perhaps it will cancel out this issue. It remains to be seen. Thanks for the interesting thought Cody, hope it pans out!

Hari, I haven't worked with it but I know there is a relay available for the two Sony HDV cameras.

Cody Dulock April 26th, 2005 01:50 AM

Well yes you will get vingetting with any 35mm adapter if you are zoomed all the way out. you usually have to zoom in to about 2x-5x depending on the camcorder and adapter. the reason for this is you are trying to record a 35mm camera image that is actually the size of 24mm/36mm.