Micro35 Guide: Where to post questions? - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old April 19th, 2005, 10:36 PM   #46
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Koolen
Thanks Bryan, but unless I'm blind, the site has no information on it. A few pictures, but no info about what's in the guide.

The site lacks any real information at all - that's my problem. Before I buy I'd like to know what I'm buying. I shouldn't have to read the threads here - I'd like a nice succint, accurate - "what you get is..."

I meant, into what detail does it go about making the adapter? Every little thing? What to buy, where from, how to do it etc?

Thanks.

OK, so you get the Ground Glass with the guide? Nice.

Thanks for the reply
Aaron
You must not have signed up for the mailing list. click the "sign up" button at the bottom, and you'll get quite a bit of info.
Daniel Skubal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2005, 11:32 PM   #47
Trustee

Ahh OK, no I didn't but I don't think I should have to sign up to a mailing list to get info on a product. If I sign up, will I be sent the latest info, or will I really just start getting what is effectively an emailed version of these threads?

Aaron
Old April 19th, 2005, 11:33 PM   #48
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron Koolen
Ahh OK, no I didn't but I don't think I have to sign up to a mailing list to get info on a product - that's not how it should work. If I sign up, will I be sent the latest info, or will I really just start getting what is effectively an emailed version of these threads?

Aaron
I actually have never gotten an update, but I figure it'll be good to be signed up for once the new website goes up and other products start rolling out.
Daniel Skubal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2005, 10:51 AM   #49
Major Player

from what i know, any changes done to the design after the guide came out will be available online... for example, the macro, the rails, the GG, a nuts and bolts solution, hot spot fix (im not sure if all of these are included or not included in the written guide). all im going to say is i've seen good things... its well worth the wait, pain, and anguish everyone is going through. if i was you i would much rather have the updated version of the adapter instead of the first prototype... theres been alot of changes.

-Cody
Cody Dulock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2005, 12:22 PM   #50
Trustee

If the price comes in at about $500 for a full adapter, and the quality is good, I will be very interested.

Aaron
Old April 21st, 2005, 06:09 AM   #51
New Boot

hi everyone

do they realy ship the guides?

and what is with this homepage?
Old April 21st, 2005, 08:44 AM   #52
Trustee

will the guide give us all te info for buying EVERYTHINg that is needed to make this thing? rails? GG? Diopter?
Obin Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2005, 09:23 AM   #53
Regular Crew

I've done my order long time ago, but got no messages about the guides shipping.
Should I subscribe something ? (I didn't find any newsletter link on the website).

Did someone forgot to mail me just beacuse I'm a spaghetti heater ? :D
Dario Corno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2005, 09:38 AM   #54
Major Player

Yes it will give you the name of businesses where you can purchase every part for the micro35... i believe the GG you have to get from james, but im not 100% sure on that. i know james is setting up some deals with places to sell the rail systems as well. The achromat used for the micro35 will be available online im pretty sure. Keep in mind alot of stuff was improved with the micro35 after the guide was printed, so there will be some type of members area on their website where you can get the rest of the information that was not able to be printed im pretty sure.
Cody Dulock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2005, 09:51 AM   #55
Major Player

You don't HAVE to use the gg supplied, but why wouldn't you? it comes with the guide, and a lot of time was spent on the manufacturing process for it.
Brian Valente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2005, 10:02 AM   #56
Regular Crew

Since there has been many updates to the guide(since they were printed long ago), it seems there will be an online update are for members. But will we be able to start gathering our supplies and start building our adapter if the information has changed? It would seem foolish to begin, if the recipe and ingredients on the guide are first drafts and we have to wait for this new member area. If this is the case, how long until the update area is ready? thanks!
James Klatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2005, 10:20 AM   #57
Major Player

James - maybe you know something more than me, but I have no information that suggests what's in the guide has changed substantially if at all. The core design has not changed.
Brian Valente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2005, 10:53 AM   #58
Regular Crew

Brian, I'm probably wrong. I just guessed since there are going to be updates, since the adapter had "improved" since the guides we're printed, that maybe the directions or parts would be altered.
Me just want micro35 too! In the meantime, I am becoming a little obsessive about it.
James Klatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 21st, 2005, 12:39 PM   #59
Major Player

James

I purchased the guide this week... "Just like I told every one I would", so now will the guide ship this friday like you said they would? Meaning I should get it next week! Also has anyone recieved their guide yet? Thanks
Old April 21st, 2005, 12:39 PM   #60
Major Player

there will be an area on the micro35 messageboard he is putting all together, for the updates and stuff. just hang tight!
Cody Dulock is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods