Micro35 Guide: Where to post questions? - Page 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old April 23rd, 2005, 02:35 PM   #91
Regular Crew

No guide today :(

Let's pray for monday.
Daniel Skubal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2005, 05:52 PM   #92
Major Player

Mark - I am still mystified as to why anyone thinks the guides are out of date.... Do you have some reason to believe this? All that I've seen from posts is that certain parts' manufacturing process or materials have been improved, but the design has not changed. Maybe I am missing something here....
Brian Valente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2005, 05:55 PM   #93
Major Player

Mark - let's defer this conversation about guide updates to the other forum. Again, I have not seen nor heard anything that suggests the guides are out of date...
Old April 24th, 2005, 06:53 PM   #94
Major Player

Cory suggested this?

I think Cody alluded to this, Brian?

I think he suggests in one of the posts that a number of changes were introduced by James AFTER the Guides went to print, hence his speculation that there would some sort of email update?

I HOPE the Guides don't change too much - ie. I hope the printed Guide will remain a "de facto" guide for making the Micro 35!

Just interpreting what was posted by someone else!

from Cody Dullock:

"Yes it will give you the name of businesses where you can purchase every part for the micro35... i believe the GG you have to get from james, but im not 100% sure on that. i know james is setting up some deals with places to sell the rail systems as well. The achromat used for the micro35 will be available online im pretty sure. Keep in mind alot of stuff was improved with the micro35 after the guide was printed, so there will be some type of members area on their website where you can get the rest of the information that was not able to be printed im pretty sure."

Brian, I take it that when Cody suggests "a lot of stuff was improved" after "guide was printed" that includes design considerations?

James could weigh in on this, I guess... I suppose he might know a thing or two about it? *wink wink*

Brian - direct question for you - have you received your Guide?

Mark
Mark Kubat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2005, 08:32 PM   #95
Regular Crew

They'd better come tomorrow or riots may break out. :)
Old April 24th, 2005, 08:49 PM   #96
Major Player

you guys are so ancy to get this guide you're going to poo yourself when you finally see how simple and effective the design is! I've seen dryland, its not a myth! Compared to my homemade mini35 that i made with info gathered from the 4 million posts on this site, the micro35 is like a gajillion times better... a better analogy would be comparing in terms of a camera i guess-the cheapest 1ccd camera to the nicer 3ccd camera, yet the price is still about the same. i was just suggesting that there were changes to make the build a little easier from what i heard... but nothing to keep you from building it by all means. sorry to direct your thoughts in the wrong directions guys. I know this seems like that xmas gift that couldnt come any sooner, but hold on guys... its totally worth the wait.

Thats just my .02 cents...
Cody Dulock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2005, 08:51 PM   #97
Major Player

The guides were supposely sent to the press about a month or more before James said the product was finally done and working on X model. So I'm pretty sure there already are or will be updates available very soon for certain models.
Kyle Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2005, 09:42 PM   #98
Major Player

Mark - direct answer: no, I have not received my guide yet.
Old April 24th, 2005, 10:41 PM   #99
Major Player

thanks, Brian...

Thanks, Brian! It just seemed from some of your posts of late that you seemed quite certain about status of certain things - I remember Daniel Skubal wondering too if you had received your guide since you had mentioned "expediting" with a written email to James - so again, I thought maybe you had rec'd your guide...

Okay, so we're all in the same boat here...

thanks!
Old April 24th, 2005, 10:44 PM   #100
Major Player

So, Cody, you have an inside track on the micro 35?

I know Larry McKee shot the Ancient stuff and there was a guy Ryan who posted a bit saying he was working with James and had some impressive micro35 footage...

Cody, you too are part of the micro35 team? You sound quite informed on the status of developments and other things... anything else you can tell us?
Old April 24th, 2005, 11:12 PM   #101
Major Player

Mark - I checked with james. He tells me very little has changed between the guide's production and the current status, other than changing out one part. James assures me the guide is still completely relevant.

I hope that helps answer your concerns

Cheers
Old April 24th, 2005, 11:57 PM   #102
Major Player

thanks Brian, thanks James...

Thanks Brian, good to know!

Thanks James!

Cheers!
Old April 25th, 2005, 07:38 AM   #103
Regular Crew

They're coming.... TODAY! Dun dun dun!!!!
Old April 25th, 2005, 08:18 AM   #104
Trustee

james can I order the things I will need to complete the guide like a Nikon lens mount and the pcx lens from you NOW so that I don't have a holdup with the guide and NO parts to build it with? what about the rails will the guide tell how to build em?
Obin Olson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2005, 08:29 AM   #105
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obin Olson
what about the rails will the guide tell how to build em?
yeah, he said rails and macro instructions would be included
Daniel Skubal is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods