DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Alternative Imaging Methods (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/)
-   -   new micro35 website launched (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/44393-new-micro35-website-launched.html)

Brian Valente May 10th, 2005 10:59 PM

new micro35 website launched

Hey everyone,

We've launched our new website for the micro35 Cinema Lens Adapter

www.micro35.com

or

www.redrockmicro.com

I hope you find it useful both regarding our products, but also about the use of 35mm lenses in cinematography in general (we've worked on several articles that help educate everyone on the approach, benefits, and considerations)

Cheers

Brian

Aaron Koolen May 10th, 2005 11:02 PM

Hahaha! Brian, you weren't joking when you said "soon" earlier today!

Aaron

Brian Valente May 10th, 2005 11:07 PM

Darn tootin' :-)

We are committed to bringing the micro35 as an exceptional product to market.

Kyle Ringin May 10th, 2005 11:55 PM

Love the look of the new website - well done!

BTW, I love the "Video and the Death of Focus" title...

Cheers,
Kyle

Brian Valente May 11th, 2005 12:35 AM

:)

Well, we had to come up with something catchy!

Kyle Ringin May 11th, 2005 12:55 AM

Heh!

You guys rock!

Cheers.

Rylan Wright May 11th, 2005 01:50 AM

Yes!!!!
Some good times are coming up soon.

Dan Diaconu May 11th, 2005 07:47 AM

Brian,
I could not find the article about Micro35 in that Studio monthly. Could you post the exact link, so we do not have to dig it up? Where is it?
Otherwise, the site looks very convincing.

Imran Zaidi May 11th, 2005 08:29 AM

I don't think Studio posts their articles online, do they?

Brian, if there is no online link to the article, perhaps just a quote with the author's name from the magazine might help.

Thomas OHara May 11th, 2005 03:28 PM

new site looks great! I'm about 2 months new to all this, but it's still really exciting!

Brian Valente May 11th, 2005 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imran Zaidi
I don't think Studio posts their articles online, do they?

Brian, if there is no online link to the article, perhaps just a quote with the author's name from the magazine might help.

They do not - I posted the quote sometime back in this forum, but here's the quote again from Jim Feeley's column:

"One of the most promising [approaches] is the Micro35... Hurd is a design engineer and that experience shaped his approach to a key problem that had afflicted other lens hotrodders. When he couldn't find the parts he needed, he engineered his own. The results are pretty impressive. Check out www.micro35.com"

Dan Diaconu May 11th, 2005 05:55 PM

The only reason I asked for the original link is because otherwise, some may view it as "hype". Scan the print (for your own sake), ask for the copiright perission. (is not a famous painting photo for God's sake) You will gain real CREDIT! and is good for you and your business.

Brian Valente May 11th, 2005 06:10 PM

Dan -

I'm not sure I follow you entirely, but I guess let me clear up a couple of things:

I will ask them if I can reprint the article with their permission. "Asking permission to reprint" is usually about a $10,000 exercise. If it is in fact that kind of deal, we would rather spend the money on refining our products. But I will ask and see what they say.

As for the "hype" comment, I don't know what to say other than I quoted the part of the article that discussed the micro35 in its entirety. The rest of the article talks about unrelated (though really cool) technology like reel stream and some others. The magazine title, date, and author are all mentioned.

If you are suggesting that post came across as "hype", I will take that into consideration and hopefully do a better job next time.

Dan Diaconu May 11th, 2005 06:36 PM

Brian, please take no offence at all!!!! (really!!)
Most papers are on line these days (if these guys are not, its their own problem)
Most articles can be accessed many years latter.... (I have some links from old newspapers on my site)
As long as all sorts of files (programs, music, pictures, movies) of REAL value are "shared" over the net..... I thought they would not sue you for a scanned copy (especially since they wrote about your business! and you are not publishing material about someone else for profit) but if they would have the guts to ask for that kind of money just to allow you to scan the paper (you bought)...... than... well... no comments (save it for R&D! by all means) and do not bother with reprints, all the same for me! and... no hard feelings ;-)<

Brian Valente May 11th, 2005 06:43 PM

Thanks Dan - I appreciate the clarification.

I am not just surprised but *shocked* they are not online, and don't offer anything via their website other than a signup page. And what's really funny is that ****they have a really good magazine!!****

Too bad for them, I guess. At any rate, I don't think anyone is missing anything beyond the excerpt I quoted, honest.

Brian