Fliping the Image in Post Problems - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old May 12th, 2005, 04:33 PM   #16
Major Player

Craig,
What deinterlace filter are you using in virtualdub?
I think there are a fair few 'smart' deinterlacers around.

Thanks
Kyle Ringin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2005, 06:09 PM   #17
Major Player

deinterlace filter

I've been trying out "Field BOB" some guy made it and by the reviews it's great. The've even incoperated it into VDUB. BUT Again I'm new to VDUB and even to deinterlacing. SO Is it good.? Not sure... Seams good and looks good to me... I need to try it against Procoder and maybe Adobe... I have a question though.. If I deinterlace be fore I bring the footage into Premier Pro 1.5... When I export do I need to do abything special so keep it deinterlaced? Or should I do all deinterlacing when I'm finished with the whole project? thanks
Old May 12th, 2005, 07:28 PM   #18
Major Player

Keyframe and Rendering, select No Fields (Progressive Scan) when exporting from Premiere Pro.
Kyle Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2005, 10:43 PM   #19
Major Player

Craig,
I have run through all options; both P and PPro do the damn 180 rotation CLEAN! (....Comes to think of it: if they made all those options available, they should do a good job shouldn’t they? including the 180 deg!!)
The lines we saw (from your footage) are here (in my tests) as well, but that is the "nature" of the beast (temporal and spatial displacement during fast motion between fields captured in 60i)
Try this: import a still with fine details (real still image, not from footage) get it in the time line. Copy/paste (same image) and flip it, then print to video, see it in full scren. Change all settings (frame, fields, deinterlace) and then do the same and change the monitor's settings from 60, 70, 72 to 75Hz. See what happens. Let us know.
Dan Diaconu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2005, 11:05 PM   #20
Major Player

DVMaker kicks a** when it comes to deinterlacing.

http://www.dvfilm.com/maker/

They have a free trial
Brian Valente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2005, 11:19 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Hello Mini 35ers.
I am wondering if it is the codec in Premiere that makes our vision flipped look bad or is it just the render engine. What abotu a program like after effects?

In some tests ive seen the image flipped in DV Microsoft, edited, then color corrected and put to dvd makes it look like a VCD.

I think i might take the free avid approach next time, or go uncompressed altogether,

Will the avid dv codec work in premiere?

B.Sundry
Brendan Sundry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2005, 04:25 PM   #22
Regular Crew

I was thinking...doesn't anyone know some programmers who could create a simple capture program which automatic rotates the footage when capturing....something like winDV with this feature built in?? This would be really nice. Perhaps in form of a plugin to any known capturing program??
Anders Floe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2005, 07:52 PM   #23
Major Player

Comes to think of it..... is already there!!!
The image from the camcorder's lens hitting the CCD is up side down (to begin with). So.... what you are talking about I think is already there doing what it should not supposed to do (lol) (for our purposes).
I would guess it would be just a pull up resistor to be disconnected, or.... a switch on the case (optional)
Dan Diaconu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2005, 05:57 AM   #24
Regular Crew

Are you talking about modifying the camera itself? I really think a capture program with this built in feature would be the easiest approach. It shouldn't be that hard to do for someone who knows how to program. It should just be a question about getting the program to read the pixels from the opposite sides or am I way off?
Old May 17th, 2005, 07:49 AM   #25
Major Player

Given the huge interest in the micro35 and this whole space, the NLEs should do this. Adding a check box in FCP, Avid, etc. [insert your favorite NLE here] should be a no-brainer.
Brian Valente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2005, 03:09 AM   #26
Regular Crew

Would you be able to do that?
Old May 19th, 2005, 08:55 AM   #27
Major Player

If by "you" you mean the NLE vendors, then sure, why not. I volunteer them wholeheartedly :)
Brian Valente is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods