Please make inexpensive HDSDI recorder - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old June 7th, 2005, 06:51 AM   #46
Major Player

SataII isn't to worrying, there are ways to translate parallel ata to sata, and sataII is backwards compatible with sata I.

Personally, I'm still pretty amazed at the lack of modes (well, desirable modes anyway) that companies are putting in cameras. The funny thing about all formats for hd (both 720 and 1080 resolutions) is that the number of pixels are exactly the same. Not active pixels, but all the pixels, the datarate still is identically based on 74.25 Mhz for ever HD format. Why do they keep giving us 720p and saying progressive is better than 1080i when there are just as many 1080p modes defined as their is 1080i.

It really means they are holding back, but the worse part of it means that something like an uncompressed recorder becomes less useful since were stuck with half the resolution if we want progressive, but twice the framerate, or the right resolution but interlaced. The funniest thing is that if the sensor can do 1080i@ 60 fields, then it is able to do 1080p @ 30 frames because the sensor still runs the exact same frequency.
Keith Wakeham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2005, 10:37 AM   #47
Major Player

are you people aware of this thread?

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=40387

Beware ***PLUGGER-BYTES***
John Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2005, 12:35 AM   #48
Inner Circle

Interesting.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=23788

Looks like VIA is still progressing there low powered processor game.

Keith and Radek, yes I think they are holding back so they can charge more for their production cameras.
Wayne Morellini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2005, 09:01 AM   #49
Major Player

Wasn't aware of that thread John. I don't know how complex cineform is, but likely would require a lot of work to make it into a small device or the always unpopular full computer approach would work.

I think the new Via C7's are great processors and would be awesome for certain applications. Personally, I don't have clue how they could be intergrated, its definetly possible. I do see some other uses for the processor, but most of my ideas fall to the general purpose applications.
Keith Wakeham is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods