DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Alternative Imaging Methods (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/)
-   -   Two/One Way Mirror for a GG (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/45896-two-one-way-mirror-gg.html)

Craig Bellaire June 8th, 2005 09:03 AM

Two/One Way Mirror for a GG

Just wondered if Two/One Way Mirror used for a GG might be possible for a static adaptor. I've been thinking about this and if you have the 35mm lens from the observation side of the glass and the video camera from the mirror side which "maybe" could be tinted white then you could have a grainless image... Dan what do you think...

PS: I did try a test to smoke up a clear filter with a cigar but it was a waste of time... ha ha ha fun to watch but a waiste of 30 minutes and a change of cloths ... ha ha ha anyway thought i'd fill you in..

Thanks

Dan Diaconu June 8th, 2005 10:14 AM

Sorry but I have no clue where you are heading. A drawing WILL help.
"Demo the possible" is the toughest of them all, cuz nothing's impossible!
(is only a budget matter)(;-)<hehehe

Craig Bellaire June 8th, 2005 10:41 AM

Here we go...

Ok I work in a place were we use a lot of 2 way mirrors.. the mirror works like this...

observations side of glass.. No Coating on Glass

Mirror or patient side of glass... there is a reflective coating/mirror on the glass

"No Coating on Glass [glass] reflective coating side "mirror side""

So if we put the 35mm lens on the observation side of the glass... which this would be considered backwards from the way it is sopossed to be .
then place the video camera on the coated side of the glass then I just wondered if we could get an image with out grain. Or an image on the mirror side of the glass

35mm lens...No Coating on Glass [glass] video camera... reflective coating side "mirror side"

So the video camera would be shooting into the mirror side of the glass... Anyway just a thought....

I'll try and do a test soon but wondered what every one thought...

Craig Bellaire June 8th, 2005 01:48 PM

Test

Ok so it doesn't work I did a test today and it just doesn't... BUT maybe a standard mirror with the silver off the back? hhhmmmm

Frank Ladner June 8th, 2005 01:58 PM

If the aerial image theory would have worked, then the mirror thing would work, but I'm afraid we're stuck with a diffuse (ground glass, wax, etc...) surface.

Good idea, though!

Dan Diaconu June 8th, 2005 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig Bellaire
BUT maybe a standard mirror with the silver off the back? hhhmmmm

Wouldn't that be become just a plain glass? hhmmmm...... (rotf...here. I know you are looking for something else but the way you put it makes it funny(;-)<

Craig Bellaire June 8th, 2005 05:08 PM

Well

I don't think anyone can say I didn't try when it's all said and done... ROTF.. ha ha ha ha Thanks again

Dan Diaconu June 8th, 2005 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig Bellaire
I don't think anyone can say I didn't try...

Me! I'll do it!
You did not actually rub a mirror till the silver came off. See? you did not try hahahard enough!!!!! toldya...

Leo Mandy June 12th, 2005 01:37 PM

Craig,

It's been thought of before by myself and Oscar, but not achieved - with a diagram - it should work, I don't know if I can find the diagram again. I got the original idea from a photography book from the library circa 1975.