Choosing macro for my adapter... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old June 14th, 2005, 10:41 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Choosing macro for my adapter...

I've tried to comb through some of these threads but alas some are just too big. I'm building a static adapter based on a friend of mine's design ( http://www.enormousapparatus.com/35adapter.htm ) for my optura xi. I'm still waiting on some step up rings and a mount for my Konica lens, but it's coming together nicely.
I was just curious how you decide what size macro you need if you need one at all. I've seen a couple GS400 cameras with adapters now and I think they both used the +6, would these two camera's be similar enough that the XI would use a +6 too? If anyone has a 35mm adapter on an XI or knows of one please let me know. Thanks for the help.
Old June 15th, 2005, 01:28 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley Stearns
I've tried to comb through some of these threads but alas some are just too big. I'm building a static adapter based on a friend of mine's design ( http://www.enormousapparatus.com/35adapter.htm ) for my optura xi. I'm still waiting on some step up rings and a mount for my Konica lens, but it's coming together nicely.
I was just curious how you decide what size macro you need if you need one at all. I've seen a couple GS400 cameras with adapters now and I think they both used the +6, would these two camera's be similar enough that the XI would use a +6 too? If anyone has a 35mm adapter on an XI or knows of one please let me know. Thanks for the help.
Im not using any macro on GS400. Works as is.

At the beginning there was an idea, then the ambition came and the idea became to be a dream... The Satisfied Dream => http://film.datriware.com
Daves Spi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2005, 05:04 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Cool, so I guess once I get the mounts, I'll find out.
Old June 15th, 2005, 12:53 PM   #4
Major Player

My optura 30 doesn't seem to need any macro at all when its about 4in away. It has the same ccd as the xi...though I think the lens is a bit smaller than the xi.

If this is your first adaptor Riley....welcome to the madness.
Matt Champagne is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods