Canon 7d/5d mk2 vs Letus at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old October 12th, 2009, 07:22 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Canon 7d/5d mk2 vs Letus

I've noticed that sites of Vimeo are now becoming increasingly more populated by videos shot on the 7d or 5dmk2 which show great quality and dof. As such, I was wondering what the main advantages to having a large bulky camera and heavy of adaptor still are over such a small camera (other than time you can record on the 7d/5d)?
Tim Davison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2009, 12:56 PM   #2
Trustee

You've stated what the negatives are with using an adaptor. The positives are that all your normal work flows are the same.

1) XLR audio inputs, level metering, etc...
2) A proper viewfinder.
3) File format options are much better (easier workflow)
4) Having the option of removing the adaptor for a standard wide depth of field video camera look (good for shooting sports, documenting something, etc....)
5) That's all I could think of off the top of my head :)

Don't get me wrong, the lines are very blurred right now. I'm just hoping that either Canon, Sony or ?? come out with a true camera that does it all. Maybe the Scarlet will be that camera? Dunno.....
Old October 15th, 2009, 06:33 PM   #3
Major Player

And live HD monitoring via SDI or component! I'm presently enamored with my GH1, but being limited to the 3" LCD is a deal breaker for many situations.
Rob Collins is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods