Vignette Issue at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old November 15th, 2009, 11:14 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Vignette Issue

Well, I have the Letus Ultimate up and running and you guys are correct, it is a different world. Thanks to all who have come before me, your videos have not only served as an inspiration, but a guide to setup and shooting. The first few things I have shot have been good. Not great, but at least I can see what the adapter is supposed to do. A couple of questions if any of you have time to answer for me. First, I am having a vignetting issue. Is this due to a setting either on the Letus or my EX1 or due to the fact I may not be zoomed in to the ground glass enough? The second question is lenses. I would love to have a 105 mm or I have seen some lenses that zoom from like 85 to 200 mm. I know these cannot be autofocus lenses. Is there anything else I need to be aware of before I spend a bunch of money only to get the lens shipped and find out it won't work?
Thanks in advance for your advice and guidance.

Phil
Phil Hanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2009, 09:04 AM   #2
Trustee

Hi Phil,

It sounds like you're not zoomed in enough.
1) Is the ground glass window centered in your viewfinder before you start zooming in?
2) I zoom in to Z70 (or more) on our EX3

I learned about Nikon lenses from this website:
KenRockwell.com

Basically you need to make sure the lens has an aperture ring and that it's not a DX lens. (It will say DX on it) Good luck! :)
Old November 17th, 2009, 09:23 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks, Mitchell

Yep. I think that is the culprit. I will check everything out next time I get the adapter out to shoot some things.

Thanks.

Phil
Phil Hanna is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods