FD adapter at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old June 30th, 2005, 08:31 AM   #1
Major Player

FD adapter

Does this one have any use for people in this forum?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7527068250
Thanks

Quyen
Quyen Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2005, 08:44 AM   #2
Major Player

Looks like a Yogurt pot! yea its just some ones homemade static adapator
Anhar Miah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2005, 10:45 AM   #3
Major Player

Yes, I called it cup35. It will work with spinning / vibrating gg as well.
Quyen Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2005, 12:07 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quyen Le
Yes, I called it cup35. It will work with spinning / vibrating gg as well.
I do not think it will work, because you have to have some spinning or vibrating mechanism, so you will mess around the right distance between GG and Lens. Also any works with this could be hard. I IMHO do not see it usefull, especially for that price. :-/

At the beginning there was an idea, then the ambition came and the idea became to be a dream... The Satisfied Dream => http://film.datriware.com
Daves Spi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2005, 12:12 PM   #5
Major Player

Not a terrible idea, but the guy should just build the entire thing and sell it for 80 dollars instead of selling one random part for 50. There's still a lot of work that needs to be done from getting from that thing to an adapter, and most people don't want to do it all.

Plus, it is just a plastic cup....
Matthew Wauhkonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2005, 01:30 PM   #6
Major Player

Kinda unusual to sell that on ebay...pretty much the entire market for that sort of thing is right here.

If you do it with a Nikon mount I'd definatly consider it...though yeah..since you've built the hardest part...why not build the rest. I'd pay a good $100 to $150 for that.

Or on second thought...if instead of the back end being the square focusing screen, having a basic screw mount for a UV filter so I could make my own wax screen using Matthew Wauhkonen/ Obin's method.

Get the feeling that everyone wants something a little different when it comes to adaptors? lol
Matt Champagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2005, 03:58 PM   #7
Regular Crew

$50 for a black plastic cup with a square hole cut out of the bottom? Why buy one cup for $50, when I could buy 100 of them for $50?

It amazes me at the kind of $hit that gets posted on eBay. Do a search for "toast" and see how many hits you get. You won't believe it.

Court
Courtney Lana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2005, 04:06 PM   #8
Major Player

Quote:
$50 for a black plastic cup with a square hole cut out of the bottom? Why buy one cup for $50, when I could buy 100 of them for $50?
Woah now...its not quite that simple. It has a canon FD mount front, and it is already set at the exact focal distance...not something easy to do. If you could buy 100 of that for $50...well lets just say I'd have 100 of them I'd be building my ultra insane wax GG manufacturing plant right now.

But nonetheless I have to think that since there isn't really a good way to put a moving ground glass, then it requires wax GG for pro use...which is quite hard in and of itself. Though honestly in a few days if a certain part I'm waiting on comes in...and a certain theory I have works out...I may just be interested in a little cup piece like that.
Matt Champagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2005, 04:35 PM   #9
Major Player

A piece of plastic sometimes you can find for free around your house, but to put to some use, sometimes it cost a lot, especially to build a mold for it. You can buy a lot of glass for a buck but you can pay hundred of dollars for a small piece of gg. If $50 is too much for that item, this item would cost more for less plastic. Check this one out.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7527691248
Have fun searching around.

Quyen
Quyen Le is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods