Look What I found. - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old July 20th, 2005, 05:44 PM   #16
Major Player

Wayne Kinney asked me that just a few days ago, so I'll quote myself:

<<<<Wayne, I can't tell much about the condensers, because I just took them from old lenses. One from the front lens of a telephoto and one from a super8 film camera zoomlens. Both are pretty weak and thin. Almost flat ,slightly concave on one side. I put them like this (|GG|)>>>>

They are not that good for the hotspot, so I zoom in a bit. But they increase the light and the image quality very much.
Oscar Spierenburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2005, 10:13 AM   #17
Major Player

plcx lens placement

Hi Andy : great to hear about your 35 mm adapter.

You might want to try this: You have the two plcx lenses with the ground glass sanwiched in between. (l). This would put the perfect focal point between the 2 plcx lens, in the center of ground glass. I think if you placed a clear
piece of glass (the same thickness on top of the etched side), the focal point between the two plcx would be directly on the surface of the ground glass.
(ll)
Richard Mellor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods