cheap vibrating GG mechanism - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old August 2nd, 2005, 12:43 PM   #76
Major Player

Hi Mandy,

Hobby Plastic injection alone is not enough without the mold. I have built several of those so far, not really hard at all. I think this thread is for 35mm Adapter, email me and we can discuss more about it, thanks.

Quyen
Quyen Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2005, 01:10 PM   #77
Major Player

Hi Noah,

There would be movements on both the base (front part) and the GG plane. Just thinking of a table, when the legs are loose, it will move, when the legs are tight, it won't move at all even if it didn't attach to the floor. Same as this design. Both planes need to allow some movements for the GG plane to move freely and don't send back to the camera that much vibration. There is another option to use some flexible thing to replace the white parts of the syringe and grommets. I just don't have luck finding this part. In one of my post have the link to buy those grommets. I never try to order from them yet. I have enough grommets to build 5 units. If I have more order than that, I will think of order more.

The custom made parts, can be done by cutting fence board using miter saw. Drill holes using hole saws ... If you want your unit looks professional, then buy from me. There is a mount built in. I am using FD mount for the one I took pictures. I have 2 mounts available Canon FD and Nikon and can make other mounts if demand is high.

If people here support me by buying my products, then I will have chance to design the supporting rods and have them affordable as the adapter is. I learned from people here and this time is to do good thing for them, thanks.

Quyen
Old August 2nd, 2005, 01:51 PM   #78
Major Player

I sent you a private message through dvinfo.net Quyen, but you can email me at mandyyjobs 'AT' yahoo 'D-O-T' com .

I did some scoping out Grommet and syrings today - found the grommets, but not the syringes...
Leo Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2005, 01:53 PM   #79
Inner Circle

you should sell it as a kit for 98$.
you will sell a lot more when cheaper and you do not bother to build them up.
additionally a lot of people will come with nasty question about diameter of lens or camera or type of lens mount and so on...so it can become very tricky.

5$ for motor
5$ for 3 inches of aluminuim profile
5$ for 4 syringes
5$ for microscope glass
5$ for the plastic rings
20 $ for your injected front and rear parts
5$ for misc. parts
====
45$

you still get 50 for rewarding your work.
Giroud Francois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2005, 02:02 PM   #80
Major Player

Leo,

You have to remember that my design is small and fit in the 2.5" square so those small syringe could be right. The size of the syringe is .5cc or 50 units. Hope this helps, thanks.

Giroud

Yes, I did offer the kit for $100 includes all of the Condensers for the first 5 customers. This is very cheap because the custom parts take a lot of time to make. The XL adapter take about the same time to make 1 custom part sold for $124.99 on ebay. There will be 4 to 5 custom parts, not just 3. Thank you for your suggestion.

Quyen
Old August 2nd, 2005, 03:12 PM   #81
Inner Circle

I just say about the kit and price, because http://www.redrockmicro.com/home.html
is selling something that looks very professional, with a nice web site and many features.... for only about 500$, so at 250$ for an adapter made from recycled syringe you could get some hard time to make the difference while under 120$, you would get no competition. Or get higher and give the 35mm lens with the device (you can probably get some cheap asian or russian lens in big quantities for cheap)
Especially with emachine, the price of parts is dropping very low when ordered in quantity, so you could imagine to have all the parts done by them in aluminium.
And forget about square things in video , it is a world where everything is cylindrical. You can probably replace the square profile with a round tube.
Old August 2nd, 2005, 03:39 PM   #82
Major Player

Giroud

The essential of this design is lightweight. Aluminum parts won't work as good as plastic. There are more to the design but I don't show it yet. my design has dust proof. My unit will be the most compact and has professional look with all condensers in place, just attached and use it. It's light enough to mount on camera and use without the need of supporting rods. Thanks.

Quyen
Old August 2nd, 2005, 04:06 PM   #83
Major Player

I think that Quyen you should make two model my friend - a pro and a DIY, just like the m35. That way, you can maybe ship the unfinished model to people for around $99 and the pro finished model with better achromats/macro/condenser for a cool $200.00.
Just my 2 cents, but thanks for the design ideas!
Old August 2nd, 2005, 05:41 PM   #84
Major Player

Kits

Looks like more people want a kit from this design. The only thing that hard to make is the custom parts. Other than that, they can be boughtonline, at stores and machine shop ... Below is the part list:
1 58mm macro lens
1 http://www.surplusshed.com/pages/item/l3385.html
4 syringe parts
4 grommets
1 46mm-49mm UV filter or glass to dust proof the unit
1 GG from microscope slice some grinding powder.
1 pager motor
1 battery holder with switch
1 2.5" square x 3 inch aluminum tube
4 (or 5) custom parts
4 6-32 screws

Tools needed
Drill Press
size 1/8 or size 30 drill bit for 6-32 screws or different sizes for other screw sizes
size 23 drill bit for mounting syringe's rubber parts
size 15/64 drill bit for mounting grommets
size I drill bit for mounting pager
Soldering iron and lead to solder motor to battery holder
Glue gun with glue
Screw driver

I think that's enough for the list. Will update if the design need to be changed.

Quyen
Old August 2nd, 2005, 05:47 PM   #85
Inner Circle

i think we could find a solution to suppress the syringe legs and the plastic rings at the same time.
You just need to find a tube made of material like jelly.
Silicon rubber (the one you use to seal bathroom equipment) is the closest i can think of. it has a permanent deformation range between 20 and 30% .
You could simply make a mold for a 1/2 inch high tube that would be the interface between the two plates.
if the tube seems to tricky to build, 4 or 3 small blocks could be ok.

the next step will be replacing the motor by a coil around the tube and a magnet.

Last edited by Giroud Francois; August 2nd, 2005 at 06:31 PM.
Old August 2nd, 2005, 08:26 PM   #86
Major Player

4th custom made

http://www.nuocsong.com/nhatho/adapter/insert1.ems
enjoy.

Quyen
Old August 2nd, 2005, 08:58 PM   #87
Major Player

What about using some strong springs instead of the syringe? That way it would take out alot of the vibrations. What do you think?
Old August 2nd, 2005, 10:06 PM   #88
Major Player

Tried that but won't work. Anybody? The main thing here is to keep the focusing screen at the same distance to the lens. I don't think springs can do that unless you have different set up, thanks.

Quyen
Old August 3rd, 2005, 06:48 AM   #89
Major Player

Here's a PDF of pictures

I just thought I would put together a pdf of the instructions and pictures for the adapter.

http://s62.yousendit.com/d.php?id=R4...03FS8OCVDSVSWK

Also just wondered what kind of magnifier your using to enlarge the image...

Nice work on the adapter...

Last edited by Craig Bellaire; August 3rd, 2005 at 11:34 AM.
Craig Bellaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2005, 07:28 AM   #90
Major Player

Craig

The first page of the guide has the info of EF XL adapter, not the DOF adapter, thanks.

Quyen
Quyen Le is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods