DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Alternative Imaging Methods (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/)
-   -   cheap vibrating GG mechanism (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/48267-cheap-vibrating-gg-mechanism.html)

Quyen Le July 25th, 2005 03:00 AM

cheap vibrating GG mechanism

When testing the vibrating GG, there is a really cheap way to make the grain disappear. I built it on the cup35 design using rubber bands, beads for spacing (the straight type found at Walmart), and a pager motor. It works good, no grain.

I also have another working design using the rubber part of the injection syringe, rubber gommets and also with a pager vibrating motor. This design is a little more complicated but not too hard to make. All of these fit inside a 2.5" square aluminum tube.

My XL1 is down so I cannot record any footage now. My VX2000 order is on the way. Hopefully I will have some to show next week.

Wayne Kinney July 25th, 2005 07:07 AM

Quyen,
Its nice to hear you have a working design. I wonder, would you be willing to go into detail about how your design works? Maybe some pictures.

I am at the stage where I have a working adapter but want to change to a moving ground glass to remove the grain.

If you could share your design that would be great.

Thanks,
Wayne.

Quyen Le July 25th, 2005 10:16 AM

Yes, I am going to share all info I have. I am now going to make it nicer. When it's done, I will post step by step with pictures so you all can enjoy. I don't know if anybody have webspace so I can post pictures and video when it's done, please let me know, thanks.

Frank Ladner July 25th, 2005 12:32 PM

Quyen: I am interested in your setup also! Please keep us posted.
Thank you!

Wayne Kinney July 25th, 2005 04:33 PM

Quyen,
If you help us by sharing your info, I would be happy to host your pictures and video on my webspace.

Look foward to seeing your design....

Wayne.

Quyen Le July 25th, 2005 05:02 PM

Yes, I will be posting pictures soon. I am working on a final product. There are still some parts on order. I just don't want to show my prototype, it's a big mess. Please help me on hosting my pictures and videos, my email quyentle@hotmail.com if you want to send me your account info, thanks.

Quyen

Bill Porter July 25th, 2005 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quyen Le
It works good, no grain.

Call the cynics and hoist the BS flag! Where's Oscar??

Good job, Quyen. Can't wait to see it.

Dan Diaconu July 25th, 2005 07:55 PM

Bill, when he said "no grain", I think he meant "no visible grain". Anyway Quyen what scream (cough, cough...) screen are you using?

Quyen Le July 25th, 2005 07:58 PM

I use homemade gg, 600 grit.

Bill Porter July 25th, 2005 08:57 PM

Ok, no visible grain. That's still blasphemy around here. So run the BS flag and attack this guy in normal fashion! (excluding you, Dan, LOL)

Dan Diaconu July 25th, 2005 09:32 PM

Why leave me out of it? Ya think I'm to old for a scrap, don't ya? >(;-[(< (heavy breathing....off screen)

Quyen Le July 25th, 2005 11:37 PM

Hi Bill,

Do you want to see or just don't believe? My point is to make something affordable that people can use and still get professional result. If you doubt about my ability, check out the XL1 FD or XL1 EF adapter that are selling on ebay. I don't say anything unless I can prove it. Have a good day.

Quyen

Bill Porter July 26th, 2005 01:56 AM

Sorry Quyen, I sincerely apologize for the confusion. I want to see and I do believe you. I should have explained that I was being sarcastic; I saw some raw footage (it was like a 400 meg file) of a static adapter with an unknown type of screen (though I do know what it's NOT made of) and I posted what I saw - no grain - and I was bashed pretty hard.

So my intention was to poke some fun at the group in general who have made their minds up to be cynical before they have seen proof one way or the other.

I did not mean to poke fun at you: I really admire your idea because rather than build something very complex that has a very controlled oscillating movement on eccentrics or offset dowels, etc, you solved it elegantly by using a pager to provide the eccentric motion. Now THAT is the spirit of creative thinking and I admire your abilities. I wish I had done it first! :)

Dan I am leaving you out of it because you are the least cynical and most actively experimental of any of us when it comes to that stuff. I've never seen you to be negative or cynical when you didn't have knowledge of something. To be brutally honest, you are not very good at offending people. We Americans and Euros are better at it. Stick to cameras.

;-)

Wayne Kinney July 26th, 2005 02:57 AM

Quyen,
Not sure if you have msn messenger, but i have added you to my list. You can then send me for files that need hosting and ill upload them for you.

I am very interested in seeing your final design.

Wayne.

Akira Ando July 26th, 2005 03:11 AM

Pager Motor

Quyen,

You mentioned 'pager motor' in your system. Is it the little vibrating motor with an eccentric shaft?

If so, I am wondering if it causes Z-axis displacement of the GG due to the vibration?

You might come up with genius solution for this, or it just doesn't cause any Z-axis hustle...

Well, I'm wondering. Someone help me please.

Akira