What adapter? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old June 2nd, 2011, 02:55 AM   #1
Regular Crew

What adapter?

Hi all,

I am at an awkward position at the moment because I have been planning to get a piece of kit and it looks like I am unable to now.

A little while ago I saw the GT35PRO ELITE on GT35pro 35mm DOF Adapter. and thought it was the perfect thing for me. Well, I tried emailing the guy who makes them and I have heard nothing back yet. Whether he is just late answering his email or busy I don't know. It doesn't make me feel confident that I'll get a good service, however, and (living in the UK) it's a long way to go if there's something wrong with it.

The benefit of his adapters was that I could get everything I wanted for just over £500, which was perfect for me. Lets call that my 'budget' because that is what I have been working towards getting. I then found out that my original plan of using the Canon EF lenses I have could be scuppered because there is no easy way to stop down the lens. So, I have the following question:

What is a good 35mm adapter for my HMC150 which won't break the bank?

All the best,

Steve
Steve Mellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2011, 09:52 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re: What adapter?

Steve.

Given that the current crop of video-capable DSLRs are competing very effectively against groundglass 35mm adaptors, my guess is that builder-vendors of adaptors may have discontinued building and are selling down inventory. Your chosen vendor might now have moved on to other things like rails kits for DSLRs.

My recall is that your vendor was in there when the non P+S adaptor evolutions were first occurring for sale and his product would have matured optically by now. There does not appear to be a flip ( image erecting ) option offered. Flip adaptors are favoured because one less post production step is needed and they are easier to use. They lose a little more light.

If your vendor in the fullness of time does not reply, in the UK is Wayne Kinney, whose product website is pasted below. His current price is a little more than your limit. With a prior phone call and bit of a journey to Sussex, you might be able to try your camera on the product before buying.

Welcome to shoot35!

To remain within you price range, you might find something used on the eBay.

Last edited by Bob Hart; June 2nd, 2011 at 10:09 PM. Reason: error
Bob Hart is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods