Using Magnet for image inversion at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old August 27th, 2005, 07:33 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Using Magnet for image inversion

Hey everybody I need help on how to use the magent method to flip the lcd image when using a 35mm adapter. I got some small magnets that might work but Im not even sure how to go about testing them for use. I have a panasonic pv-gs150 and I tried flipping the lcd so it was flipped, then putting the magent somwhere where the lcd attaches then bring the lcd back forward. IF the magnet works, then the image should stay flipped like the lcd was flipped correct?

Please someone tell me if I am doing something wrong because with the above stated message, I cant get it to work.

Thanks

Sincerely,
Jeff Tyler
Jeff Tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2005, 10:59 PM   #2
Trustee

You're putting it on the wrong side of the LCD. the magnet isn't to "lock in place" a mechanism that flips the LCD, it's to fool the camera into thinking the LCD screen is on the other side. Don't flip the screen, and put the magnet on the side of the LCD screen closest to the camera body. What you're doing is faking a magnet that's actually in the bottom part of the camera already; when you flip the LCD, that side of the screen senses the magnetic field coming from inside the camera and flips the image. Instead of having to turn the LCD screen to get this effect, however, we're sort of "bringing the magnet to the screen" instead of the other way around. By flipping the screen to acheive the effect and then applying the magnet, you're putting the magnet on the wrong side. Try the other way.

By the way, try both sides of the magnet. Polarity matters.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods