DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Alternative Imaging Methods (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/)
-   -   There's life in the old groundglass dog yet. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/514113-theres-life-old-groundglass-dog-yet.html)

Bob Hart February 6th, 2013 07:52 AM

There's life in the old groundglass dog yet.

On reading a post on the 2013 Sundance entries it was interesting to see two titles were shot on Sony EX3/Letus adaptor combination as was the feature "Monsters" a while back. Copied from the linked website.

---------------------------------------
Sony EX3:

“After Tiller” (with a Letus Prime lens adapter)
“Fire in the Blood”
“kink”
“The Moo Man” (with a nanoflash)
“The Summit”
“Twenty Feet from Stardom” (with a Letus Prime lens adapter)
“Valentine Road”
---------------------------------------

Chris Hurd February 7th, 2013 01:20 PM

Re: There's life in the old groundglass dog yet.

Just when I'm ready to send this forum to The Archives...

Bob Hart February 8th, 2013 12:19 AM

Chris.

Sorry about that which I am about to disclose. I mentioned the original Agus Casse thread on Reduser and posted the web address for it. So there is another zombie thread may be enlivened to stick its head up for a few days maybe. I had mentioned that dvinfo was where the RED had started.

It probably still has to be up there as the most prolific single topic thread ever. The heady days before 35mm was served up to us on a 4K plate.

There is also some exciting stuff from P+S Technik standing just out of the limelight in the wings in the groundglass realm yet but I cannot disclose any more at this point.

All the best.

Bob Hart March 8th, 2013 06:34 AM

So also think P+S Technik.

There are two new products which derive from the PRO35 groundglass 35mm adaptor which was originally for 2/3" video cameras so a visit to their NAB tent, counter, stall or display should be interesting.

Chris Hurd March 8th, 2013 08:28 AM

Definitely planning to see P+S Technik at NAB next month... thanks Bob,

Bob Hart March 25th, 2013 11:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
P+S have shared on the facebook so here is one of their offerings you may see at NAB.

In the previously published history of the MINI35/PRO35 products their genesis was in an improved director's viewfinder with moving groundglass for more faithful previsualisation. Interestingly, the product is returning to its origins if my understanding is correct and life of usefulness is being extended. I hope the good Doctor and his buddies do well out of it.

Bob Hart December 28th, 2013 01:40 PM

For interest of those who still tinker with the 35mm groundglass adaptors, here is a short clip from the final evolution of the Dennis Wood's Cinevate Brevis 35mm adaptor using his prototype Cinevate Varifocal relay into a SI2K digital cinema camera.