DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Alternative Imaging Methods (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/)
-   -   Another Letus35 clip (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/alternative-imaging-methods/53325-another-letus35-clip.html)

Quyen Le October 25th, 2005 10:01 AM

Another Letus35 clip

Just in, thanks.
http://www.digitaliconstudios.com/sc...dex.php?vid=30

Quyen

Robert Kirkpatrick October 25th, 2005 10:40 AM

What camera was this shot on?

Quyen Le October 25th, 2005 10:53 AM

Just got it this morning. I asked the same question but don't have the answer yet. Thanks.

Quyen

Quyen Le October 25th, 2005 12:16 PM

Shot with DVX100a.
No filters or color correction in post.
Only slowed slightly.

Thanks Pete.

Quyen

Tony Tibbetts October 25th, 2005 04:38 PM

What version of the adapter was he using?

Yasser Kassana October 26th, 2005 05:20 AM

That was some seriously impressive footage! No CC you say - i think there was. I would love to see how the letus does with HDV. almost on par with the guerilla35.

Robert Kirkpatrick October 26th, 2005 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yasser Kassana
I would love to see how the letus does with HDV.

So would I. There's some HC1 clips around here somewhere, but I'm curious how nice it would look on the Sony FX1 or the Z1.

Michael Maier October 26th, 2005 08:01 AM

Hard to believe there's no CC in there. But if the shooter says so, we have to believe it I guess.
Some HDV footage would sure be nice to see. Specially with the HD100. So far nobody has posted any footage of the HD100 with a 35mm adapter.

Greg Bates October 26th, 2005 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Maier
Hard to believe there's no CC in there. But if the shooter says so, we have to believe it I guess.
Some HDV footage would sure be nice to see. Specially with the HD100. So far nobody has posted any footage of the HD100 with a 35mm adapter.

Why is it so hard to believe? Creative colorbalance would give you the same effect, really easy to do with the Rosco cards.

Soeren Mueller October 27th, 2005 11:28 AM

Footage looks great.. but either it was CCed or there's creative whitebalance or scene file work (on the DVX) at work here ;)

Quyen.. sorry it's a bit off topic in this thread... but how is the flange focal distance adjusted with your adapter?! I'm asking cause I've run into this "problem" with the Micro35... just can't seem to get it right... :-(
Thanks!

Cheers,
-Sören

Quyen Le October 27th, 2005 11:41 AM

Mine is set to the right distance 42mm for Canon FD, 46.5mm for Nikon. I don't know much of the micro35 to advice you on this. You should ask people on their website or at least take some pictures to describe your problems and post here so we can suggest you of what to do. Thanks.

Quyen

Ben Winter October 27th, 2005 11:46 AM

As soon as I get replacement ground glass, I'm going to shoot some footage with my HD10u. That'll be up soon. Quyen, any idea when the GG will get to me? Thanks.

Quyen Le October 27th, 2005 12:26 PM

Sorry Ben, I am so busy and cannot send your GGs out, will do it tonight, thanks.

Quyen

Erik Rangel October 27th, 2005 12:36 PM

Ben,
It's funny. I just ordered the Letus35A so i could do some testing with my HD10u. Quyen was nice enough to give me the special tester's price because no one had shot anything with that combination...yet. I'm glad I ordered it a couple days ago otherwise I might have had to pay full pop for the adapter. :)
So I will have some footage also.

E.

Soeren Mueller October 27th, 2005 12:51 PM

Of course I posted about this on the Micro35 forum.. so I'm not asking for support or anything here - I just was curious.

So is it really as simple as that? Just having a fixed distance? I have two Nikon lenses and when I adjusted flange focal distance one has sharp focus at infinity but the other one hasn't.....