Working DIY adapter - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old February 11th, 2006, 08:37 PM   #61
Regular Crew

How many retaining rings do you need for this? Because the spec sheet of the 2" tube says that one ring comes with it, so then buying two more would actually total 3, which wouldn't be very useful, since you pretty much need them in pairs, right? It was my understanding that inside the tube it would be:

Ring-GG-ring-{16mm space or so}-ring-condenser-ring

Right? So then I would need to order three?
Joel Kreisel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2006, 09:01 PM   #62
Trustee

Joel, when I built this adapter, the condenser works absolutely great right up against the ground glass--meaning you only have to buy one extra retaining ring.

On that note, I must add that I have a FL=70mm PCXL (the same used in richard mellor's design) that I got from Optosigma available for sale, in great condition, as well as a retaining ring. If you're interested I'll sell you both a retaining ring and the PCX for $30. Let me know.
Old February 11th, 2006, 09:17 PM   #63
Regular Crew

Thanks for the offer Ben, but I've decided to go with an aspheric PCX for my model and see how that compares to other people's standard PCXs. If you just want to sell the ring, I'd take it off your hands, but I understand if you'd rather sell them together. Email me if you're interested.
Joel Kreisel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2006, 10:25 PM   #64
Trustee

Sounds good Joel. By the way, if you really want to, just take apart a 52mm UV filter; you'll find a "retaining ring" in there :)
Old February 12th, 2006, 02:02 PM   #65
New Boot

You have one ring with the tube and have to buy three extra, two for gg and two for pcx-lens.
Jimmy Herdberg is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods