Question about the GG in the Letus35 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old October 31st, 2005, 04:35 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Question about the GG in the Letus35

When I was cleaning the unit the GG fell out and I put it back in without really taking a good look at it.

Are both sides the same, and does it matter which side is facing towards the camera?

The unit is clean now and I'd rather not take it apart, unscrewing it causes little flecks of metal from the ends to fall down into it.

I'm stuck at work and don't have access to all my files but here's a sample from last night, I was using a 50mm 1.4 lens with a 2x teleconverter and 20x macro ring. The teleconverter and macro ring really magnify the shakes, I need a rod support : ]

http://s5.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1F...X0XWW2FDWJR5TQ

No color correction, just rotated 180 degress in Final Cut, exported as Quicktime H.264 High Quality.
Chad Schultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2005, 05:04 PM   #2
Major Player

Same thing happened to me. Just be careful when you put the GG back in, ask Quyen personally how to do it, believe me don't try it yourself. The frosted side should be facing towards the camera and the smooth side to the SLR, if I remember correctly. Always keep a can of compressed air handy and don't handle the GG too much if possible. I cleaned mine in rubbing alcohol because my finger prints were really hard to get off it.
Leo Mandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2005, 03:22 PM   #3
Trustee

Got my ground glass replacements yesterday, and got it in after breaking one. Instead of putting the PCXL back in, however, I took the one off of the Nikon D Screen (by unscrewing the frame) and glued it on top of the ground glass, which, by the way, fit perfectly. Now I have no need for the big PCXL that gets pushed around if you drop it/hit it/whatever. Delish.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods