I got my FF from Dan and it sucks.... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old November 2nd, 2005, 07:21 PM   #1
Regular Crew

I got my FF from Dan and it sucks....

That you guys don't have one yet! It is the beauty I thought it would be, and as a bonus it has MPIC footage included;-) All I need is my gear and its rock and roll baby! Thank you Dan for the awesome product and customer service!!!!
Greg Bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2005, 07:36 PM   #2
Major Player

G** D*** YOU GREG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You almost gave me a heart attack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Don't do this $...t man. You wanna be the only one who has this "toy"?
Do you want your gear as well or you want to send flowers and condolences....
phew.... that was close........
Dan Diaconu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2005, 07:56 PM   #3
Regular Crew

doing something right....

Dan,,,,

you must be doing something right.... i liked how your walnut (i think) handle looked... i had not ever seen one like it before... BUT, now that you have done it someone is copying you...

check out the ebay link

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cinetech-Titaniu...QQcmdZViewItem

was your price a little better too??? im sure that you have done a lot of research and experimentation... including your clever idea of attaching the gears.. just thought that you would want to see the imitations have begun....
Sarena Valilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2005, 08:19 PM   #4
Major Player

Is this a "conspiracy" to get me somehow?

I can take one/day (and that'd be in the morning) but two? and now? Is late..... and I got work to do.

Well... the wooden handles are old Sarena. Aaton used them for years:http://www.cineused.com/Aaton%20Prod.jpg
I like the looks of that unit, but if you want to use it on Video and then on an Arri, I don't think you can (by the looks of it) Very nice finish and all that, but there are features missing (and I am not a fan of belt!)

I like wood and I was just about to send one to Greg, but then I thought; well, maybe he does not like what I do. (It "feels"....hmmm, better than plastic, rubber or aluminum (imo) but is a lot of work to it. BTW, Greg, thanks for the post (you almost got me!)
Old November 2nd, 2005, 08:55 PM   #5
Regular Crew

LOL! Sorry Dan, you know your my main man! I even defended your honor over at DVXUSER. The Follow Focus really is awesome...i'll be scrounging some money together for everything else on the page as well!
Old November 3rd, 2005, 05:54 AM   #6
Major Player

Thank you Greg, I am happy when you are, ...but.... you almost got me!
A true hero needs to be buried deep to become a legend! (was that you plan? lol)
Old November 10th, 2005, 06:29 PM   #7
Major Player

So how much did you buy the FF and how long did it take for you to get it from the day you paid for it?
Eniola Akintoye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2005, 08:00 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eniola Akintoye
So how much did you buy the FF and how long did it take for you to get it from the day you paid for it?
I got it for the introductory price...if you search the forum you'll see what the price was. I tell you what, I got a hell of a deal. It shipped at the time Dan specified also in the thread. I'm not trying to be evasive, but i'm answering on the fly.
Old November 10th, 2005, 08:12 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarena Valilis
Dan,,,,

you must be doing something right.... i liked how your walnut (i think) handle looked... i had not ever seen one like it before... BUT, now that you have done it someone is copying you...

check out the ebay link

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cinetech-Titaniu...QQcmdZViewItem

was your price a little better too??? im sure that you have done a lot of research and experimentation... including your clever idea of attaching the gears.. just thought that you would want to see the imitations have begun....
The Cinetech has been have that for a while now. Even before Dan sold his unit to Greg. I have a Cinetech and it's worth every penny.. I do like Dan's design though...keep up the good work.
Jun Tang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2005, 08:34 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jun Tang
The Cinetech has been have that for a while now. Even before Dan sold his unit to Greg. I have a Cinetech and it's worth every penny.. I do like Dan's design though...keep up the good work.
I think Dan was kidding as he once posted a pic of the Cinetech when making a point about DIY units. I do not consider Dan's diy, i'd buy it before Cavision, or Chrosziel both of which i've used. I can't speak on any other models.
Old November 10th, 2005, 08:53 PM   #11
Major Player

Guys,
The world does not start nor end with me or anyone else, and Greg, you are right. I did point out to Cinetech a while ago as a response to "why wooden knob?" If they were the first or just an example.... who knows? I know of Aaton to have had the wooden handle for many years... and like I said, I like wood (over plastic or rubber) but is not that practical; (from a rental house perspective it does not last as long as Al).

Greg, I am more than happy to hear you have used two of the industry standards (and you still like my unit). I just don't know how much experience each one of us has...Your word has just gained a lot of weight to me. What do you shoot anyway?
Old November 10th, 2005, 09:38 PM   #12
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Diaconu
Guys,
The world does not start nor end with me or anyone else, and Greg, you are right. I did point out to Cinetech a while ago as a response to "why wooden knob?" If they were the first or just an example.... who knows? I know of Aaton to have had the wooden handle for many years... and like I said, I like wood (over plastic or rubber) but is not that practical; (from a rental house perspective it does not last as long as Al).

Greg, I am more than happy to hear you have used two of the industry standards (and you still like my unit). I just don't know how much experience each one of us has...Your word has just gained a lot of weight to me. What do you shoot anyway?
Hey Dan, I shoot mostly Music Video stuff majority of which has been Rap and R&B. But with the advent of these 35mm adapters i really felt the need for a follow focus more so than I have in the past. But Dan please don't mistake me for having a 1/10th of the experience you and many on this wonderful board have. I very much consider myself a novice with big boy toys, but I am serious about improving my technique in all regards of film making.
Old November 11th, 2005, 12:16 AM   #13
Major Player

Greg, if I knew you have "played" with the "real things", I would have sent you a "real follow focus" instead of that "Halloween costume"..... (rotf)
There! Now we're even for the headline of this thread! Wait till you'll get your gear-up-your-lens!.....
Old November 11th, 2005, 01:08 AM   #14
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Diaconu
Greg, if I knew you have "played" with the "real things", I would have sent you a "real follow focus" instead of that "Halloween costume"..... (rotf)
There! Now we're even for the headline of this thread! Wait till you'll get your gear-up-your-lens!.....
LOL, I have to apologize for the header of the thread. But on a serious note your follow focus and gear offering have given me an early Christmas. I advise all interested to treat themselves to one hell of a device. The build quality is better than can be imagined. I hope I don't sound biased because I am now a customer of Dan/Letus/and Redrock, and have been 100% pleased with these "little" guys and I am one picky muthaf*$%@h.
Greg Bates is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods