P+S Technik advice needed (ASAP!) - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old January 14th, 2003, 03:21 AM   #16
kino-eye

Good monitor a must!

We've done a couple of music videos locally here using the Mini35 and the results were amazing!

Only to remind those of you who wants to shoot with this adaptor, again and again that a reliable FIELD MONITOR (preferably a 14"), is a must, to avoid the "i-forgot-to-spin-the-ground-glass-in-the-adaptor" problem.

We're now editing yet another music video and the DOP realised that ONE of the sequence of the video DID NOT HAVE THE GROUND GLASS switched on! A crucial shot. I've asked the Director, what monitor they've used. He said, "9 inch. And I didn't notice the glass was not spinning till we saw the play back!"

Or at least, have "SOMEONE" (usually the 2nd Asst. Camera) to do the "switching on" everytime a shot needs to be done.

FRAME MODE or INTERLACE with Mini35? We prefer to shoot INTERLACED and spend time "deinterlacing" it in post, as we found out that the footages "looked better" compared to shooting in FRAME MODE (in the past videos). It's just something we discover in the process...

I'll share some images taken from the video (and anything that we've shot on the Mini35) real soon on our website.
Old January 16th, 2003, 05:50 PM   #17
Regular Crew

He, he... in fact, after awhile, we decided to leave the motor spinning during the entire shoot. Even THIS didn't work because somehow, the battery got dislodged, but not dislodged enough to fall off, leaving us with the impression that the motor was spinning the ground glass when it really wasn't!

Did you measure out your shots? If so, did you notice any differences between your measurements and focusing optically?

http://advaloreminternational.com
Victor Muh is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods