Using SLR lenses/experimental lenses w/GS250 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Alternative Imaging Methods
DV Info Net is the birthplace of all 35mm adapters.

Old November 21st, 2005, 12:15 PM   #1
Tourist

Using SLR lenses/experimental lenses w/GS250

I'm interested in using some of my old Canon SLR lenses with my Panasonic GS250. The use of SLR lenses has been addressed a few times through these forums (including in the funny short by Steev Dinkins) but I haven't quite found a simple solution.

Could someone link to/summarize information on how to convert/adapt/cannibalize old SLR lenses (or other glass) for use in DV, specifically the GS250? I'm interested in getting some creative effects like wide-angle, fisheye, as well as the organics of the elements. Thanks for your help, this is a great forum.
Kelly Warner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2005, 12:45 PM   #2
Major Player

Kelly,
Fornunitly, this is the main topic of this board. The idea is to have a 'ground glass' between the SLR lens and the camcorder. The SLR projects the image onto the glass, and the camcorder records this image from the other side. Some other optics are usually needed to get a good image, mainly a condenser lens to get an evenly lit image, and a macro/achromat lens to allow the camcorder to focus on the small 35mm projection.

Commercial solutions are available, like Quyen Le's 'Letus35' to my new 'SG35'

Hope that helps,
Wayne.
Old November 22nd, 2005, 09:10 AM   #3
Tourist

Definitely. Thank you, Wayne. Any links to plans for such a device are welcome!
Kelly Warner is offline   Reply With Quote

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Special Interest Areas > Alternative Imaging Methods